i got the spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got the spinecor

hello all. i went to chicago yesterday and found out i was a good candidate for the spinecor. i got fitted for it and will now be wearing it as much as i can. the degree of my lumbar is now 39.5 xrays in the brace show it being 31. i can't believe it. i thought it would only go down a few degrees (3 or 4), but it is almost 10. i was very surprised. it is a bit of a contraption, but it feels good on. i feel like i am sitting up straight and it is way better than the boston brace i had as a teenager. i am pretty excited about it. if anyone has questions, i would be happy to answer (just keep in mind it is only my 2nd day with it!)

interesting. I always have thought that spinecor could play a very supportive role in adults, and in doing so possibly slow down/ prevent deterioration in adult hood. Good to hear it is suiting you

Comment

tbella,

Good for you. Dr. Deutchman in New York told us about a woman who was a surgeon. She wore the Spinecor because it made her back feel better when she was performing surgery. If that's all that it can do, I would say it is worth it. Good luck.
      Melissa
      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

matjesnic

just curious about what your daughter wears under her spinecor. i couldn't get the bodysuit, because the torso wasn't long enough. right now a short sleeve t-shirt is good under, but i am wondering if she gets any irritation from the thigh bands. (mine rub a little when walking) any tips you could give me would be great. thanks in advance!

Comment

You can actually order your own adult bodysuits from bodysuits.com in connecticut. Or you can go online and find another site that sells bodysuits for adults. My daughter likes the bodysuits from Spinecor.
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

cycling shorts are good to prevent rubbing of thigh bands, s wears nothing underneath top part , no need
            Last edited by gerbo; 10-27-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

thanks! i appreciate the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by tbella
                just curious about what your daughter wears under her spinecor. i couldn't get the bodysuit, because the torso wasn't long enough.
                Bodysuit.com is great (no "s"); the majority of their bodysuits have snaps, they're great. Ask for Rita or Denise; very helpful. That's where we've been ordering all our bodysuits. p

Comment

Spine Core Brace Wearer

I have been wearing the brace for about 7 months. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just turned 60 and had an S curve of 65/61. After my 6 month check-up my curve went to 57.4/54.4 without the brace on. Within two weeks of wearing it I no longer had hip, back or neck pain and my energy level increased dramatically. I had no idea how much of my energy went into just holding my back up.

So many doctors told me there was nothing they could do because I am an adult. Amazing how wrong they are.

Comment

Amazing!

I am 49 now. I talked with Dr. Deutschman on the phone. He comes to Atlanta, Georgia about every three months. He talked so positively about the brace until I just felt relieved that someone had something positive to say! I haven't got the money to go and get the brace yet, but if ever I can, that is exactly what I plan to do as well. Thanks for your encouraging words and thanks for letting us know that the brace worked for you. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has worn this Spinecor brace. Please let me know more about your experience. Oh, my curve measurements are 48-50/41.

Comment

Ivan

is the curve reduction permanent after a while? does it remove the rib hump.. I have lumbar scoliosis so my curve is in my low spine has anyone with lumbar scoliosis here used spinecore?
                      right lumbar curve T12- L3 43* T12-L5 69*

Comment

Originally posted by kardoid
                        is the curve reduction permanent after a while? does it remove the rib hump.. I have lumbar scoliosis so my curve is in my low spine has anyone with lumbar scoliosis here used spinecore?
                        Hi Ivan...

The reduction is almost certainly only temporary, for as long as the brace is worn. In adults with structural scoliosis curves, as braceguy implies above, just about any brace will temporarily reduce scoliosis curves. However, if/when the brace is discontinued, the curves will return. Here's a simple explanation of why that happens:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/AlternativesDontWork.htm

Regards,
                        Linda
                        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda...........

I read the article. That's what I figured to be the truth. Actually, I am not looking for correction at my age. I'm trying to prevent the inevitable. They say I will wake up unable to walk. I do at times but by afternoon, I'm back on my feet. My curves don't sound as bad but my vertebrae are touching on the iside of the curves.

Comment

bracing

This might be a dumb question - but would a brace get the muscles and tendons on the concave side of the curve used to being stretched so that when surgery is done to straighten the spine, there would be less pain because the body would already be familiar with normal straighter posture?
                            Last edited by misspaula; 02-28-2007, 02:00 PM.
                            Paula
                            Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
                            Sydney Australia
                            58 years old

Comment

Spinecor Brace

Hi, I'm 53 and most of the time I don't have any back pain, but I do always have worn a very tight stretch camisole that makes my back feel better. How do I find out about this brace? Is there a website? Thanks, Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X