emotions running high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emotions running high

hello everyone. i am new here. i am 37 and wore a hard brace during high school. i was originally diagnosed with a lumbar curve of 37 (not sure of thoracic). i have made an appointment in chicago for this monday to check out the spinecor brace. i have been really emotional about this. i want to go and have the consult, but i am a little nervous about where my curves measure right now. and i think it is the anxiety, plus feelings of the past when all of this started. (i was diagnosed late--12 years old). in the beginning i was really excited that i am doing something good for myself and getting everything checked out, but the closer it gets the more emotional it gets!!! any thoughts?

Just an encouragement to give it a try. My daughter wears SpineCor and her chiropractor is also currently treating a few adults. Although the SpineCor brace certainly won't be a cure for them, they are getting pain relief and a decrease in curvature. One woman is in her late 30's and her curves have gone from the mid 30's to the high 20's. I can't remember exactly but I think she's been wearing the brace 6-9 months.

Comment

LATigner

thanks for the reply. that is definitely encouraging. i have not seen much about adults using the spinecor, so i appreciate it

Comment

I agree, I think it is a great idea to carry on forward with the Spine cor brace and see where it takes you.
        I dont know if you have read any of the spinecor thread on the forum but there are hundreds of posts about it.
        Keep positive tbella, I think its a wonderful idea. I am excited for you so please keep in touch.
        Actually what are your curves now??

Macky xx
        Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
        Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

macky

i am not sure what my curves are now. but i will find out monday when i go for the consult. i will keep you posted. thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X