Scared Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared Mom

My 12 yr old son was dignosed but have not seen the orthopeodic surgeon. He goes at the end of May. Does anyone know if Asthma meds could have had an affect of his condition? He only weighs 87lbs and is 4'9".
    Any advice is helpful?

I have asthma too and I haven't heard of any info about the meds affecting scoliosis. I do know that lavender oil helps relieve asthma attacks (along with the meds of course). I'm 28 and have been looking into holistic medicine. I discovered by accedent that lavender oil rubbed on the cheast stops a minor asthma attack. A few weeks ago I was having an attack but couldn't take my inhailor because I had just used it. Being vain I put the lavender essential oil on my chest as a "perfume" (I can't use regular perfumes) and darned if the attack didn't stop within 30 seconds. It might be worth considering!

So you know, scoliosis doesn't usually affect breathing function unless the curve is very severe. Good luck at the orthopedist! Since the curve isn't bad your son might not need bracing just yet. A word to the wise, keep an eye on the back anyways. That way you don't get a nasty surprise in a yr or 2! My curve wasn't watched and a yr later it was horrid. That doesn't happen except rarely, but keeping an eye on the curve will relieve the worry that that could happen. Hope everything turns out alright!

Comment

Working...
    X