Implants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implants

Has anyone had breast enlargement surgery after their scoliosis surgery? If so, did you have any problems and are you happy with the results.

Thanks
    Sue

Hi Suzy. I have read on one of the threads that people have had breat enlargments to make their breasts the same size because of the scoliosis.
    They seemed to be happy. I wish that had been about in my day, but mine have finally caught up to each other, only took 40 years haha.

I would go for it if it is worrying you and there is a noticeable difference.

Macky
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

suzyjay,

I did have the surgery in 2002. I did not go very big but i was very small. I did not experience any problems at all besides the pain. The pain that i had was very bad and in my opinion worst then the back surgery pain. Crazy i know...
      To this day i have never had any problems with them. I would defintly suggest finding a good dr and talk to him about your back prior to the surgery. Good luck...
      Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
      2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
      March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
      August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
      August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

I also read about how painful it is.

I'm not experienced in this area, but if I can give any advice, please be informed of all the risks and get many opinions, as well as an experienced doctor.
        Last edited by sweetness514; 01-07-2007, 01:57 PM.
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Sarah

I know of three ways that the implants are put in, (under the nipple, under the breast or from the belly button). Where did they put your implants in from, and do you think where the implants go in can make it more painful? What were you given for pain?

Sue

Comment

Working...
          X