Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain layin down

hey
    im about 4months post op now n 4 the last 2 months or so ive been gettin pain wen i lay down. it happens every nite wen i go 2 bed (no matter what position i lay in) for bout 5mins. The pain is just like the pain i got wen i was growin n my scoliosis was gettin worse (except i always got that in the morning wen i woke, not in the night wen goin 2 sleep). Has any1 else experienced this n does ne1 no y i get it? I told my surgeon at my 3 month chek up bt he dint seem bothered by it, n i got the impression he fort it wud jus go soon.
    xx
    Becki
    16y/o girl
    42" thorocolumbar curve + rotation
    Had anterior surgery on 9th sept 2006
    www.myspace.com/curvesarecool

i still get back pain when i lie down and i am about 4months post op if it gets worse i suggest going to the doctor or taking it up again with your surgeon

hope this helps xxx fay
    Fay... curves of 50* and 55* now 16 * after op.

Comment

heyy. i didnt have surgery but i have a brace and my back hurts me

ALL... DAY... LONG. espeically when laying down, sitting.. when im walking, im fine.. pretty weird..
      i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

take a bath

i havent had surgery, but i also have a brace. It helps me to lay on my stomach and after staying still for a while [like a half hour or so] the pain usually subsides for me. You could always try taking a nice hot bath with some bubbles and scented stuff to try and help you to relax your muscles. I tried it today, but I'm too tall to fit in my bathtub :*[

my name is molly
        i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
        i got my back brace at age 13
        i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
        my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
        i've had scoliosis since i was 7
        my legs used to be uneven
        but now they look much more balanced!
        and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
        Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

the pain only last 4 a few mins though. N its only wen i lay down. Its not TOO painful, but its just annoyin, n iv bin gettin it 4 2 months now. i would of thought layin down was good 4 me.
          Becki
          16y/o girl

Comment

pain when laying down

you should try to stay active. i had surgery about 4 months ago. and this happens to me sometimes it is probably because i. you are not walking very much or 2 your spine is healing it is probable both so do not worrie about it

Comment

u cud b rite-i havent rely startd doin ne exercise yet. wen i hd my op i lost loadsa weight n i stil haven put ANY of it bk on (i hv a rely fast metabolism). i want 2 put my weight bk on b4 i start exercisin cos il lose even more.
              thanks x
              Becki
              16y/o girl

Comment

waking up in the monring the pain is the worse.i feel like i can't straighten up.i am bent over like an old lady.i really need a new mattress too,just don't know what kind to get.Had to take Advil this morning,cause the pain was bad.

Comment

Working...
                X