Spinal Therapy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Therapy??

I heard about this thing called spinal sacrum therapy from someone who had the surgery. She said that it would be a good thing to try out before i go into surgery, seeing as i am 15 and have trouble taking time out of my school work just to fit in driver's ed!! Anyone heard of it or have any info on how it could help me? I've been in a back brace for over two years and my back has only progressed from 25 and 27 degree curves to 38 and 43 degrees, so i am willing to try almost anything if you have any other suggestions!!

my name is molly
    i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
    i got my back brace at age 13
    i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
    my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
    i've had scoliosis since i was 7
    my legs used to be uneven
    but now they look much more balanced!
    and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
    Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

eep. try making your brace WAYY tighter or get a different type or brace?
    i so would NEVEREVEREVEVERRRRRRRRRRR get surgery. =] i did physical
    therapy and it helped me build up back stength which they said would
    help in the longrun. <-- longrun? idk what that means. hehhehe. =]
    well if you do get the surgery, good luck!
    i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

Ugh

I finally get to stop wearing my brace in about a month because ive FINALLY stopped growing. The whole reason my back got so much worse was because i grew like 4 inches in less that 5 months. Now i'm 5'81/2'', but when i got my brace i dont think i had even reached 5 feet! My doctor was supposed to be one of the best in california, but he didnt help me much. Then he left Kaiser and switched to sutter and my insurance doesnt cover that so i am basically screwed...AAAHHH! just letting out some frustration
      I really hope that i can do that therapy thing..but i heard it is SOOPER expensive. I guess i'll just have to wait and see...yay.
      Thanks for all your help though, but i dont think i can get my brace any tighter! I just got a new one. I think my back got so0o0o0o bad because i grew a ton and finally got a new brace after this summer, so yeah.

my name is molly
      i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
      i got my back brace at age 13
      i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
      my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
      i've had scoliosis since i was 7
      my legs used to be uneven
      but now they look much more balanced!
      and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
      Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

Exercise essential to

Try yoga. Get a book from the library. I have been doing yoga for 40 yrs after I stopped wearing brace...it has helped me tremendously. Wish I had known even earlier. One thing my Dr. always told me ..... "exercise like you are training for the Olympics...keep strong". So brace or no brace, Dr. or no Dr., money for PT or not....there is something you can do for yourself. Also get a stability ball to build strength in your core muscles. Good luck. Cynthia

Comment

Working...
        X