Pregnancy and Harrington Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy and Harrington Rods

7 years ago I had my spinal fusion in the upper thorasic region. I am now five weeks pregnant and terrified because I have no idea of the risks steaming from the rods. Can anyone provide me with information about the possible problems? Or a good place to find information? Thanks!

I've been looking for that info too! (I'm not preggo but am hoping to become so) I have spinal fusion. My whole back is fused except for the last 6 inches. From what I remember from my surgeion you can expect to show alot! He also said that I would have less back pain. From the sites I've found about pregnancy alone I've read that pain and problems vary between women. One woman had never felt better and another was miserible. If I ever come across a site I will put here on NSF. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Comment

Don't worry

My pregnancy was without one problem. I actually felt great! And, yes, I did not feel any back pain. My delivery was fine and with an epidural. I have a Harrington rod from 1982 and only have mild symptoms of discomfort. I would only recommend to watch your weight. I was always on a thin side and I think that helped during the pregnancy, I gained 25 lbs. Before I got pregnant, I went to my surgeon and had an x-ray taken. My fusion and spine looked very strong and healthy. Congratulations and keep up the good spirit, your baby will appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X