scoli and the financial commitment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoli and the financial commitment??

My daughter recieved her 1st brace last week.after my insurance my out of pocket expense was close to $400.00.The doctor informed me that since she is so petite and not even begun to develope that we will be getting new braces frequently.She is 4'1 and 68lbs.Now that I am no longer in the office(which is 2 1/2 hrs away from my home)I have all these questions.The dr. stated It could be every 3-5 months for a new fit.Is there some trade in credit?Or is it all out of pocket all the time?I know it sounds as if I should of gone over this at the time,but when you are sitting there and your child is sick....Money is the furthest concern you find a way to come up with it.Just wonderin g so next time I am better prepared.
    Mother of Nichole 12yrs old and Madison 4yrs old

Hi...

I think you'll need to check with your insurance company. I doubt, however, that there would be a trade in allowance, since the braces are (hopefully) custom fit, and can only be used by the patient for which they are made.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks.Although I didnt mean A "trade IN" inn the sense of giving it to another.But more like on parts and material to sort of speak, recycle.As for my insurance carrier,they are like every othe one as little as they possible can.Although I should not complain they could cover less.I appreciate your help.This is still brand new to our family.
      Mother of Nichole 12yrs old and Madison 4yrs old

Comment

You might want to consider Shriners Hospitals. I'm not sure where the closest one to you would be - but their website is www.shrinershq.org or just type in "Shriners Hospitals". They offer some of the best pediatric orthopedic care in the country and there is never a charge for any of their services (including braces, x-rays, etc.)

Good luck and take care,
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
        X