please put your age in your post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please put your age in your post

This is an informational site and as such knowing a persons age is helpful. I'm 54 and when I read results from surgeries it is nowhere near as relevent to me if its a 22 year old. I don't want to sound cold but I like to zero in on people in my own age group to see what kind of complications and results they get, how long their recovery takes, etc.
    Last edited by tommyo; 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM.
    Age 54, 30C-50T-40L
    western suburbs of Chicago

I can understand where you are coming from as I was contemplating surgery when I was 30 and could not find many people who had undergone the surgery at that same age; however, I think that many people are not comfortable putting their age in their signature.

To connect with people I wanted to hear from, I would post a question and ask for responses from people who had this surgery when they were around 30. I think that some people are more comfortable putting their age in a single post rather than on every post that their signature will appear in. Maybe you could also post questions aimed at people in your age group.

Comment

Hey, a girl's gotta have SOME mystery, doesn't she?

I agree with Heidi: aim your questions at the age group you want to catch. Incidentally, I've noticed that peoples' surgical outcomes are not always what you'd expect based on their ages -- sometimes younger people have a tougher time than middle-aged folks.
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Some people want to keep any potentially identifying information private, and it is their right to do so.

Rather than asking everyone to publically display their age, if in doubt you can PM them and ask. A better solution is to ask everyone to list the year they had their surgery(ies) or just make a post asking people around your age to respond like HGD24 suggested, so you know who they are.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Hi Tommyo,

Your inquisition is not sounding cold to me. All of us are more than willing to share our experiences with anyone that asks!!!

I have to agree that you may want to narrow down the age range you want a response from, who wouldn't!!! Just ask!!! But you can always click on each of our posts to research our backrounds. It may take some time, but it's worth it!!!

I personally think that it can be a combination of the actual surgical procedure and our age. But who really knows!!! Lynne and I are the same age, but had much different procedures. So help us answer your questions!!!

We are all different, but all united in the desire to help you through this!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
          X