Another wacky dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another wacky dream

I have a very overactive imagination and have been dreaming about this surgery for months....but last night's dream was too good not to share: Dr. Boachie came to my house to do the surgery (boy, wouldn't that be nice!) and discovered he didn't have all the hardware ready. He asked if we had any scrap metal lying around the house, and when I looked outside, he was standing over a carpenter's table with a buzz saw, sawing apart an old brass headboard of ours to make the rods!!

I think my subconscious is going into overdrive...
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

haha that's hilarious (well not really), it's prolly just because you have been thinking about surgery a lot lately? ...and you tend to dream about things that you have thought about recently... probably unsettling though.

Abbie
    aBbiE
    22 yr old F,KU college student
    Kyphoscoliosis...
    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
    all smiles!

Comment

LOL!!! Maybe you have been watching too much TV - sounds like a cross between "Extreme Surgery" vs. "Total Makeover/Design on a Dime" Thanks for the laugh!

Renee

Comment

Singer--as you know, I had many a nightmare thru my 6 month + wait.....maybe it goes with the territory!
        all I can say, is watch a lot of comedies..... whatever you do--don't watch anything with hospitals in it.... I depended on Leno & Lettermen

Comment

Hi Chris,

It's so easy to incorporate our fears into our dreams!!!! I have not only worked in my dreams, but I went through the surgery too!!!

Just know that you are not alone!!! How can we deny how we feel, and assume that we will not dream about our feelings. I did!!!

Shari

Comment

I actually think dreams can act as a kind of pressure valve, where we let off mental steam that builds up during the day. I find waiting for this surgery to be excruciating -- for me, it's a real struggle not to be afraid all the time. So I welcome dreams that are so funny I wake up laughing from them!!!

I remember when I had my tonscillectomy at age 28 -- I read a pamphlet about the operation and that was it. I wasn't afraid at all. I'm convinced that I now know TOO much about spinal fusion, and it's just feeding my fears. But that's just the way things are these days -- information overload wherever you go.

Oh well, if you guys can do it, I guess I can too.....

Happy holidays to all .....
            Chris
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Chris, I sent you a private message.

Renee

Comment

Hi Chris,

I agree 100% that knowledge can be powerful and fearful!!! But I hope the knowledge of knowing, that you are not alone in what you are feeling, makes it slightly less fearful.

There's quite a few of us out here that will help you get through it. And your sense of humor is a blessing!!!

Happy Holidays,
                Shari

Comment

well i guess ive been so nervous about my upcoming surgery that last week i dreamed i woke up during surgery and thought ok knock me back out! i remember i heard weird things going on and felt like nerves were being pinched and all kinds of crazy stuff,scared me. i think its because im afraid of how im going to wake up and if everything will be ok.i wish i had some comedy dreams..lol
                  Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

Working...
                  X