My user name changed from D-angel 2 Deb-angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My user name changed from D-angel 2 Deb-angel

Basically because of some difficulties with my computer. Just want u all to know that it's still me and i'm back from surgery. Thanks for all the help and advice i recieved. They were all very helpful. Surgery was a sucess i recovered quickly. I returned to pretty much normal life in 4 weeks. I did the surgery on the 26th of october and went back to school on the 13th of november. I felt great in the fourth week, but the first 2 was HELL!! And in the 3rd, things slowly improved. I would never ever want to go through recovery period again.never! What i would go through again however is recieving the anesthesia. It felt so great! Anyways, I'm back, feeling great and satisfied and open to all your questions!
    Last edited by Deb_angel; 12-18-2006, 02:12 PM.

Roughly 80*Thoracic curve had Spinal fusion, de-rotation, and instrumentation (2 titanium rods and pedicle screws) in october 2006. Statisfying results. No rib hump. Yeah!

Oh Deb Angel, you're a sweetie. When I read messages coming from a 14-yr-old like you emphatically stating that you NEVER EVER EVER want to go through anything like this again, I chuckle and ask myself how in the world do I think I at 57 can get through this?

Sending you good wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Chris

Comment

Congratulations on a successful recovery, Deb Angel!

And Chris -- remember, pain is subjective. And what you have going for you is the wisdom and balance gained only by life experience. In other words, what may seem like hell to a younger person might be taken more in stride by you.

We know it's not going to be pleasant, right? But it seems to me that you have reached a kind of peace with the inevitability of surgery. I'm working toward that myself.

Right there with you,
      Chris
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...
      X