After Lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Lifting

After lifting weights or hangin with my friends, my back is sore... it doesnt hurt really bad but it is sore. Even when I wake up in the morning, I find if I slept in a strange position, I might have some muscle pains. It sucks.

I just have to warn you, lift with your knees and be aware if the weight feels like to much. Dont lift it. I pulled a muscle in my back and it is ten times worse bc of the metal rods. But it took six yrs of playing sports, doing whatever I want, and just wild child for me to ever really hurt myself. The soreness is just a regular thing. You can stop and have less of it. Or keep with it, and just suck it up. Sorry, not great advice, but if you have any more specific questions email me. later

18 yrs old
    surgery~ Aug 2001, and three major curves.
    spinal fusion and metal rods
    but thats the past
    now~ Univ of Tenn freshman
    future~ something prime time!
    akitzrow@utk.edu (anyone email me with any questions you have!)

Comment

Sounds normal to me

I am older than you, but I had my surgery 5 1/2 months ago and find the same thing. Those muscles just aren't used to working yet. We are stretching areas in ways that they aren't used to stretching and they complain. I just started back in my water aerobics class this week and now my shoulder blade area is sore and screaming at me not to use it. Did more than it can handle yet.

My dr. told me to just take it gradually and listen to your body. If you are more sore and stiff the next day, you did more than your body is up to yet. The part about waking up sore is because you were locked into one position too long and the muscle spasmed. I am a light sleeper and wake up frequently especially if I get stiff or hurt in one place and that tells me to change position. You are probably a hard sleeper and don't wake up to move around.

Deb
      age 47
      posterior surgery 7/24/06
      T5-L5
      for S curve T72,L75
      50% correction
      DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!

Comment

I am at 4 months post op and I started doing pilates in addition to my walking. I do standing pilates and it really stretches out the back muscles.
        surgery 9/06
        Rothman institute

Comment

Working...
        X