Questions about the Scar Please answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the Scar Please answer

I had a spinal fusion 6 months ago, the scar is still a little red and the staple marks are still there. I was wondering, how long did it take your scar til they started to fade and become white, flat, thiner and less noticable? Please respond back because this is really bothering me and I would like to hear what you people say since you went through the same surgery and pain I experienced. thanks.

By the time my daughter was one year post-op, her scar was barely noticeable. She wears a bikini, tanks tops and other clothing that shows her scar without problem. Make sure you protect the scar from the sun.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Vitamin E Cream

Hi,

I was told by some friends of mine to apply a Vitamin E Cream on the scar. I found it at Walgreens. I've been using it 3 times daily and it seems to be helping. My scar is still red, but it's no longer puffy. I'm 3 months post-op today.

Here's a link for the product: http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...712&id=prod712

Good luck! I really hope this helps you.

Nickie

Comment

Working...
      X