(HAD SURGERY 6 MONTHS AGO FOR SCOLOISIS) posted in wrong feild last time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (HAD SURGERY 6 MONTHS AGO FOR SCOLOISIS) posted in wrong feild last time

Hello how are you? i joined this forum because i had a spinal fusion about 6 months ago. Everything is going alright i guess. I want to tell you a little about myself. Im a 18 year old male. I enjoy hangin with my friends, goin offroading, playin some sports, partying and enjoying myself. I used to have a girlfriend but i currently dont. Ive found that girls dont care about my scar from surgery no matter how good looking they are. I am told I am a very looking guy so i decided to get a tattoo over my scar once a year has passed because my surgeon said it would be fine once my fusion is solid. I used to smoke weed everyday and use dip (chewing tobacco) and cigarettes. Now due to the fact that will screw my fusion up, I have not smoked in 6 months. I wish to god I could. I would say i have a drinking problem and the surgery has left me with a pill addiction. Anyways, after a year period i will return to using weed occasionally. I am telling all of this because I feel the need to truly tell who I am. I am a nice person and I respect mostly everyone. The surgery has changed my attitude towards people in general. I am more happy to be alive and have a straight back. Well it will good to talk to some of you... peace

Welcome,

Yes, something like surgery will often change one's outlook on life. I know that dealing with my son's scoliosis for the past 6 years, and his surgery 3 years ago, has changed who I am.

Good luck. There is a lot of support to be found here.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Hi Smoke,

When I was your age I had my share of fun! It's good to hear that you are taking a "time out" to let your body heal!!! You will have plenty of time to have fun after you recover. And I hope a new found respect for yourself on just how strong you have had to be to get though the surgery will give you a positive attitude about yourself.

You have your whole life ahead of you, and a good high only last for so long, then you get the munchies!!! All I am asking is that you consider that you have been given the gift of a better life at such a young age, and see that you have a bright future.

I am 46 years old and have no right to judge you, because I was no angel when I was your age. I'm all about having fun, but don't let it rule your future!!! Take advantage of the opportunity that you have, because you have been blessed with technology that has been able to correct your condition at such a young age!!! Have fun, but don't waste it!!!

Speaking from experience,
      Shari

Comment

Working...
      X