Leave Monday for surgery Tues. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Monday for surgery Tues. .

Hi everyone- this forum has been so helpful I don't know what I would have done without it! I leave for New York Monday morning to have surgery Tuesday. Thanks for all your support/info. I don't post alot but I read most every day and feel much better about having an idea of what to expect. I have a great doctor- Boachie- and even thought my curves are severe (100 deg) I think he can handle it. Of course I am nervous but I feel God will be with me. I hope I can turn around and encourage all those who are anticipating surgery after I go through it!
    Cathie

good luck cathie, ill be praying for you and im sure everything will go just great with your surgery :-) trudy,
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

Hi Cathie,

I just wanted to say good luck on Tuesday with your surgery. You will be in good care with Dr. Boachie & Hospital for Special Surgery. I know how you are feeling right now. I had revision surgery in 2002 with Dr. Boachie. He is a very kind and talented doctor.
      Like you, I haven't posted often but I just wanted to wish you well. You will be in my prayers on Tuesday morning.

Take care,
      Sue

Comment

Our prayers are with you and those who take care of you

I will be praying for you and your doctors during your surgery and recovery. We look forward to hearing from you after surgery. With 100 degree curve, you have no where to go but improvement and I want to hear the good news of how much correction is acheived!

God Bless you.

Joan

Comment

I wish you the best with your surgery and we will be looking forward to hearing from you when you are up to it. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
          surgery 9/06
          Rothman institute

Comment

My prayers are with you. Can't wait to hear from you "on the other side."
            Best,
            Anya
            "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
            Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
            19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Cathie -- isn't it a great feeling to know you've got one of the best surgeons in the world? You'll do fine, I know.

All best,
              Chris
              Chris
              A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
              Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
              Post-op curve: 12 degrees
              Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Good luck! With everything I've heard about Dr. Boachie, I am sure you are going to do very well! The very best to you for a speedy recovery - next thing you know, you'll be offering encouraging words to people that have yet to cross "to the other side" like me!
                32 y/o male
                S curve - upper, 50 degrees, lower 43 degrees
                Waiting and watching after seeing 2 doctors...

Comment

Cathie

Good luck and a fast recovery - I'll say a pray for you.

Sue

Comment

Best of luck Cathie! Be strong and know that recovery takes time but will get better.

-Abbie
                    aBbiE
                    22 yr old F,KU college student
                    Kyphoscoliosis...
                    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
                    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
                    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
                    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
                    all smiles!

Comment

Thank you all for your prayers! I will post as soon as I get home from New York- 3-4 weeks probably.
                      Cathie

Comment

Hi Cathie,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you also!!!

Keep in touch during your recovery if you can. We're all here for you!!!

Shari

Comment

All the best for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. How fortunate you are to have Dr. Boachie as your surgeon. Will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow.

Chris

Comment

quick note on Bsprings, all is well...

just a quick update... I did talk to Bsprings sister this morning...all is well. Anterior/posterior are done, & she is recovering from a successful operation..Ly
                            http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Cathie, I've been thinking about you today - and I'm so happy to hear the latest that your surgery is complete. My best to you during your recovery. - Helen

Comment

Working...
                              X