Atlanta Physicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Physicians

Have any of you had any experience with two Atlanta physicians--Dr. Carl Fackler (Piedmont Hospital) and Dr. William Horton (Emory)? I am going to see them for 2nd and 3rd opinions. I am 53 years old and have a 56 degree lumbar curve. I've been out of work since Thanksgiving due to pain and falls.

Also, does anyone have a list of questions to ask on these visits. I was so shocked when my current MD recommended surgery that I just left quickly and cried in my car. I had to request a copy of my medical record to see what exactly he told me!

Thanks in advance for your time.

Martha

Martha,

I'm interested in knowing what happened with you. And what your opinion of these doctors was.

I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was in my mid-teens. I wore a brace for a while but hated it so I quit. Fastforward to now & I'm regretting it. I'm now 38. For fear of what I'd be told I haven't been to a doctor about my scoliosis since I was a teenager. Now I'm beginning to have back pain & numbness in my arms & legs. I went to see Dr. Stephen James this week. My curve is 60 degrees and he recommended surgery. My husband asked who he would recommend for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Horton was who he mentioned. Just wondering what you thought of him and if you've had surgery.

I'd love to know you list of questions (if you came up with one).

Angie

Comment

hi, martha! i imagine lots of people will recommend that you get dave wolpert's book about scoliosis surgery. it is a very good book and a brisk read. use it to think about your own lifestyle and your own condition; the questions will come to you! i think the author suggests some questions as well. i was able to compile a list of 54 questions for my surgeon this way (all of which he satisfactorily answered in fewer than 20 minutes!).
      Sue

Milwaukee Brace from ages 8 - 16
      T36 degrees/L56 degrees Pre-Op
      Fused T3 - S1
      Surgery done Sept. 15, 2004
      Dr. Robert G. Viere
      North Texas Spine Care @ Baylor

Comment

Working...
      X