X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Success with SpineCor so far!

Hello everyone,

I am 19 Years old,
    I just got my SpineCor brace fitted a few weeks ago by Dr. Gorrie in Southern California. For the most part i think it was reduced a lot of pain; after the first week (when i was just starting to get used to it the bands really started to bother my skin). I got a X-Ray right after having it on and my Th. curve went from 65 to 63 and my Lu. curve went from 45 to 34 . I am very happy so far and can tell my body is looking a lot different already, and i can actually sit straight! Haven't been able to do that for like 7 years

Has anyone else had success with their SpineCor brace at my age?

I appreciate any responses, thanks!

thanks for sharing that, i do not know of anybody of your age trying it, but it does appear to me that it is very likely to be of benefit and at least must make you feel more comfortable, indoing so it might just prevent or slow down worsening of the curve. Well worth trying i would have thought!

Comment

Hi,

I am 18 and am getting the spinecor April 5. I am really excited about it. I was recommended for surgery in early feburary and on the drive home with my mom had already decided surgery was not right for me. I have NO pain. Interesingly enough, my othopedic surgeon told me that " when you tell someone they have a back problem, they start having back pain" I thought this was interesting. Anyway, I found spinecor from surfing misc. web pages and am so thankful I found it. I gives me hope that my spine will straiten perminetly because I am still young. Ever since I was told I needed surgery I started doing yoga and stretching everyday. I have gotten a lot more flexible, but still am not even close to touching my toes (my caves are soo tight). I feel it is worthwhile. How are you doing with spinecor? and when were you diagnosed?
      April

Scoliosis discovered at 14 and 9 month-- 47 degrees
      Boston brace for 2 years (only 12 / 23 hours a day)
      Now 18 years old
      Thoracic curve 35, Lumbar curve about 52 degrees

Comment

krazytyler

My 22 year old son also got the spinecor from Dr.
        Gorrie and has great pain reduction as well. It's the only thing that's worked for him to reduce pain. I'm happy for both of you. Cheers!

Comment

I actually never got the spinecor. Dr. Rivard called my mom (we sent him my x-rays) and told us that the spinecor wouldn't help me. My curves are already set. I do not have any pain so, the brace would do nothing for pain for me. The reason I wanted the brace was to reduce my curves. He told me the most important thing is that I never get a job standing up all day. Good luck with yours.
          April

Scoliosis discovered at 14 and 9 month-- 47 degrees
          Boston brace for 2 years (only 12 / 23 hours a day)
          Now 18 years old
          Thoracic curve 35, Lumbar curve about 52 degrees

Comment

Working...
          X