Tues is my surgery date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tues is my surgery date

I can't believe how many tests I have had but really glad the doctors are so cautious. They have told me because I am a breast cancer survivor that the blood clot risk is greater. I was fitted for my brace today and surprised at the fact that it is not at all uncomfortable and very light weight. I just hope that it doesn't irritate the incisions. I do have a urinary tract infection so taking meds to clear that up and they found some odd hormone that I shouldn't have (too strange) but we will address that after everything else is done. Basicly I guess I am ready to just get it over with. Yes I have become very nervous this week--doc said that is healthy. Gave me some Zanex to get me to Tues with a somewhat functioning mind. Any last minute suggestions for me please don't hesitate to let me know. I have to believe that all will go well or I would not do this. So soon I will be joining those of you on the other side of this journey. Thanks to all for the info and support. This site has been a blessing to me while waiting.
    Linda G.

I will be praying for you Linda! You will do great and I wish you the best. I'm not on the other side of surgery yet, but I'm sure you will be an inspiration and help to me too!
    Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Good luck with your surgery. I hope all goes well for you.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Tuesday... (((hugs))))
        JoAnn

Comment

Hi Linda-
          I am just one week behind you, my surgery is the following Tuesday. I can certainly identify with how you feel right now! I will be praying for you Tuesday. Won't we both be glad when it is all over?!
          Cathie

Comment

Best wishes for your surgery Linda

I had my surgery 4 months ago at your age, 47, and everything went fine. I'm sure that yours will also. It is a slow but steady recovery at our age. I think that I made the right decision and I'm glad that you are at peace with yours, also.

Yes, the anxiety is a problem right up until the minute they put you under, but glad they gave you something and that you have lots of support. Will be waiting for you on the other side!

Deb
            age 47
            posterior surgery 7/24/06
            for S curve T72, L76
            50% correction
            DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!

Comment

We are all thinking about you, Linda!

Eat good, healthy food for the next few days. Do a few fun things (I had a manicure and pedicure the weekend before and I had flowers painted on my big toes for fun) and pack some comfort items in your hospital bag for someone to bring you once you are in a regular room after surgery.

Here are some suggestions: chapstick, eye glass case (if you have glasses), a favorite, washable quilt or throw, waterless hand sanitizer, nice smelling soap, lotion, and shampoo in small containers, a small stuffed animal like a beanie baby that symbolizes strength for you (I had a lion), pads (surgery may bring on a menstrual cycle), toothbrush, small bottle of mouth wash, and cell phone or phone numbers of people to talk to when you need something. I brought a little plastic basket with a handle to keep these things within arms reach in the hospital.

Those are my tips for the day! God bless you and your surgeons and bring strength and guidance to you and those who treat you.

Joan

Comment

Good luck with your surgery, I will say a prayer.
                surgery 9/06
                Rothman institute

Comment

Hi Linda,

My thoughts and prayers willl be with you too!!

Do something fun. And thank goodness for Zanex!!!

Take care,
                  Shari

Comment

hi linda ! i will say lots of prayers for you tomorrow.im sure everything will go great . keep in touch and let us know how your doing once your able to. trudy,
                    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

I'm thinking about you, Linda!

Comment

You are in my thoughts and Prayers.

I am sure everything will go well. Let us know how you are when you are up to it.

Comment

Linda,

Being right around the corner from you agewise, I know that this surgery does become more fearful. Just put yourself in God's hands and He will take care of you. I promise.

Chris

Comment

Linda,

I will be praying for you tomorrow. I know you will do great and my prayers to a speedy recovery.
                            Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
                            2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
                            March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
                            August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
                            August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

We're all here for you

Hi Linda,

I'm 2 months, 2 weeks and 5 days post op. I know how you are feeling right now. Trust that you've made the right decision and look forward to the recovery milestones!! There's just so many of them. I finally tied my own shoes!! I was fused from T4-L4 this past September.

Milestones to look forward to: (at least these were some of mine)

Walking a mile (should come fairly early as that's all you'll be allowed to do)
                              Going up and down stairs
                              Taking a shower on your own
                              Drying off on your own
                              Putting on your brace on your own
                              Getting dressed on your own
                              Putting on your own socks (with the doohickey)
                              Putting on your own shoes
                              Tying shoes
                              Sitting comfortably
                              Driving...etc...

You get my point. Focus on the after surgery part...that seemed to help me a lot!!

Good luck. We'll be praying for you. Look forward to seeing you on the other side!!

Nickie

Comment

Working...
                              X