Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hip pain

Hi everyone!

I will be 3wk post op Wednesday and the first two weeks were very hard. This week has been much better. I have seen a large decrease in pain in the back area, I am moving much better and doing a few thing. Although the simplest things drain my energy. Since my surgery both my hips have been numb. its a weird feeling because its numb to the touch but also almost a burning type of pain when I rub them but this hasn't been a major problem as I was told this is common with bone graft sites and should inprove over time.

But the last day or so my right hip has been causing me some major pain...I was in agony at one point. My back pain has all but disappeared (I am still taking pain meds so lets just say they are working well) but the pain meds have done almost nothing for the hip pain. It has gotten better in some moment but it is constantly there to some degree. Walking is more pain than it has been in the days pass. Maybe I have been doing to much and it is just getting to me...but it worries me a bit. Has anyone else been though this type of pain..Is it normal?

Hi...

Did you have bone taken for the fusion from your right iliac crest?

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

yes I had bone take from there. Which is why I was trying not to freak out but i didn't realize it would be this painful....which is why it worries me a bit.

Comment

Hi...

You could be one of the unfortunate ones who has significant pain from the bone graft site. :-(

When I had my back surgery, I had significant pain in my left thigh. I think because I was prepared for the back pain, it didn't bother me too much. But, because I wasn't expecting it, the thigh pain drove me crazy.

Hang in there. One way or another, it will almost certainly get better.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hip pain

i too have pain in my hip and i did not even have a bone graph, ( i used the removed rib), i had no prior hip or thigh problems and was prepared for recovery pain and back pain but i was defintely not prepared for the horrible hip and thigh issues. i am now about 6 months post op and it is a little better but i still have to use a pain pill every couple days for my hip pain. I also hope my thigh issues are not permanent. just have to wait and see. but i will say if the pain isn't killing me the burning sensation is really irritating, the zaps don't help either.

Stephanie
          anterior 6-05-06
          T11 - L3
          Stephanie
          T11 to L3
          1 rib removed
          June 5, 2006

Comment

Working...
          X