LTX 3000 Lumbar Rehabilitation Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTX 3000 Lumbar Rehabilitation Program

Here is another article pointing to the benefits of exercise in the treatment of scoliosis:

1: Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 Nov;87(11):1447-53. Links
    The potential use of axial spinal unloading in the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a case series.Chromy CA, Carey MT, Balgaard KG, Iaizzo PA.
    Physical Therapy Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.

OBJECTIVE: To assess potential benefits of axial spinal unloading (LTX 3000 Lumbar Rehabilitation System) over a brief 3-month period. DESIGN: Before-after pilot study. SETTING: University research laboratory. PARTICIPANTS: Five adolescent girls with scoliosis. INTERVENTIONS: Three laboratory sessions: (1) initial baseline, (2) immediately after 3-month treatment period (axial unloading by using LTX 3000 for two 10-minute treatments daily), and (3) 1 month posttreatment. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Initial baseline postural data were obtained from 2 sets of radiographs (standing anteroposterior [AP] and lateral, sitting AP and lateral), back range of motion measurements, and numeric pain scales. The following were assessed: static postural changes; potential functional benefits; and therapeutic compliance. RESULTS: All subjects elicited reductions in lumbar Cobb angles immediately after 3 months of treatment; initial average scoliotic curves of 13.7 degrees were reduced 42% to 8 degrees (alpha = .05, P = .004). Additionally, such reductions were evident 1 month posttreatment; average original curves were reduced by 27%. Subjects' range of motion and lumbar lengthening were not significantly altered by this therapeutic protocol. Reported subject compliance was high (95%). CONCLUSIONS: The LTX 3000 is a potential adjunct therapy for the treatment of adolescent scoliosis. This therapy resulted in curvature reductions and was widely accepted by subjects that were compliant with self-administration

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

I posted this reply on another thread but I thought I should add it here:

I found this on the web and it doesn't look like there is any exercise involved LOL!!!!!!! As with other exercise programs, I would imagine that the curve would revert back to pretreatment levels for adults however this may not be the case with young children.

http://www.burtonreport.com/InfSpine...dUnloadDev.htm
    Last edited by Celia; 11-28-2006, 10:48 AM.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Working...
    X