bone graft pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bone graft pain

3 weeks after surgery that repaired spine from T2 to L5, experiencing most pain from site from which bone graft was taken. Do others have any reassuring words about the duration of discomfort from that part of the operation? I've regained walking ability, and can rise from bed unassisted, but I'm hoping that in the near term this pain will subside. Thanks, and best wishes to all. Cheryl

Cheryl,

My bone graft pain was the worst for the first 6 weeks and, 2 months after surgery, is no longer nearly as troublesome. The nerves and muscles in my back that are "waking up" now are not as painful as the hip was - just more of an achy feeling. Although everyone heals at different rates, your's should let up soon - if it hasn't already.

Hang in there!

D~
    ~d

Comment

I agree, that is pretty lousy pain. Once in awhile even a couple of years after the surgery I would get really annoyed with it but nothing I couldn't handle.
      How are you doing aside from the bone graft pain?
      Seems like your doing well getting up without help. How is your pain level?

Christina
      28 years old. Fusion for Scoliosis at age 17 from T1 to L1 area with Harrington Rods. Surgery in Sept 2003 for degeneration of discs and bone spurring of the facet joints. (Been dealing with the pain and immobility for almost 4 years.) Found out now that the spurring is back and there is more of it along with disc bulging. Going to NYC on 6-17 to see revision doctor. Probably will be having fusion extended to S1.

Comment

Dorinda, you are correct. I have improved mobility in my left leg and less pain now. The surgery was done 10 weeks ago and last night I slept through the night. It is better to measure progress week-by-week than day-by-day. Thanks for your imput.

Comment

Working...
        X