PDA

View Full Version : bending head over?

KristyK
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
My daughter has been keeping her head bent forward and down, could this be coming from her scoliosis?
She also hangs her arms funny sometimes like she doesn't want to use them anyone else experience this?
Thanks
Kristy

Sherie
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes, it's most likely from the scoliosis. It's called the head forward position. It's from the rotation of the thoracic curve. I thought it was just bad posture until we found out it's from the scoliosis and they can't really help it. If she tries, she'll hold it up but it will naturally want to go back down. I don't know about the arms, but my daughter's arms do appear too long for her torso, I guess that's from the spinal column being twisted.

scoliocolorado
11-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, that is from the scoliosis. However, I know that there is a way to correct your daughter's problem with her neck. I will do what your daughter does sometimes.

Cloudy
11-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey

My mom said that my head isnt alined with the rest of my body
my dic said its cuz my body ist straigh so my head in a little dis alined

i donno if this helps but...

firestorm530
03-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I have notest latly i have been doing that. Mostly when i am short of breath. It helps me breath better. :D

Taylurr__
05-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure about the head thing, but my arms are like that.
They're lanky and really long and skinny.

But if one day my shorts/skirt at school are shorter than my fingertips (school rule) I use my scoliosis as an excuse :rolleyes:.