Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck?

Hi All,

I went shopping for a couple of new velour sweatsuits as winter is approaching sunny California. (I am always cold since my weight loss after surgery.) I found a great deal and bought two. I was so happy with them I threw one on when I got home. While checking out my rear view in the mirror I noticed one leg was longer then the other. Huh? I made sure the waist was straight and horizontal. Still one leg longer. Oh S**T (Insert panic feeling here.) are my last 2 lumbar vertebra curving and throwing my hips off!!?? I got a sick feeling, adjusted the pants again and still they are not right. I whip them off and try on the other pair and still the same leg is longer on the same side. I don't want to alarm my husband so I put this out of my mind for the time being, besides it was time to start up Mom's taxi for the evening run. That night when I went to hang them up as I folded them in 1/2 to put them on the hanger I noticed the legs were different lengths! I checked the other pair and they were too! BOTH exactly 1/2'' off from one leg to the other and the same leg! No wonder they were such a good deal! LOL! Whew. I was able to laugh at myself on this one, I thought I would share the chuckle..............

That was funny story. What a relief!!

Comment

I got great correction from my surgery but my surgeon will not give me a number until my Jan appt. I still get paranoid that Something will fail and I will become crooked again. Nice to Know I am Not alone.
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

I had almost the same thing happen to me with a sweatshirt after surgery. I got it and it didnt feel like it fit quite right. One day I noticed that my arms touched the bottom seam in a different place and it also hit my hips differently. I put on a different sweatshirt but it didnt happen with all of them. Finally I figured out that some genious had cut the bottom of the pattern crooked . Was happy to know that I wasnt crooked right after surgery.

Comment

I had a wrestling match with a pair of panty hose once.... They are difficult enough in the best of conditions, but this time i was hot and in a hurry... being slightly overweight anyway .. it was a struggle in itself...lol.... One leg was fine, but the other would only come to just over my knee. I thought i must have them twisted, so i'd take them off and try again, same thing!!! Getting more and more frustrated and hot and sweaty.... i bet i tried 6 times and STILL couldn't get that one leg to do right.... finally i noticed that one side had reinforced toes and the other didn't... I held them up and compared,,, sure enough, one leg was wayyyyyyy shorter than the other.. They had sewn 2 different sizes together!!.. If i hadn't been so mad by then it would have been funny.... but i did laugh later when i cooled off...lol...

Comment

JoAnn, That is sooooo funny! Hopefully you had a spare pair to wear. I haven't worn panty hose in years and needed to for Halloween. I pulled out a pair and they happened to have a snag so I grabbed a new package. (I always had spares put aside.) I put them on and noticed the elastic did not snap back after I pulled them up! They were so old the elastic was shot! I did not know elastic had a shelf life

Comment

I had a similar scare recently. We had just ordered new t-shirts and sweatshirts for school, the first new order since my surgeries. I put mine on at home one morning to wear to school. Now with all of my other school t-shirts, the picture we would put on the front was always crooked on me. I was very excited to see that it was laying pretty good. On this shirt we had a verse written across the back. I looked at the back to see how it looked, to see if it also was straight. I couldn't understand when I was looking at it, why it was SO crooked. Then I realized the writing was slanting in the wrong direction from before the surgery. I kept raising my right shoulder (the low one) to see if it helped and it didn't. I finally said, "Oh, Well!", I'll deal with it later as I was running late now. When I got to school, I told the girl in charge of the ordering that I wanted a refund (jokingly) because it was crooked (I always told them that before). Then I went on to say that the picture is straight for once, but the writing on the back was slanting, but I didn't understand why it was slanting differently than usual on me. She then proceded to tell me that it was supposed to be slanted! That mine looked like everyone else's. Boy, did we have a great laugh over that!!!
              Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
              Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
              Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
              Fused T2 to sacrum
              June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
              MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
              X