holes in shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holes in shirts

does any1 else get holes in their shirts??? If I wear tight shirts i tend 2 get holes at the top where the velcro folds over (near my shoulder blade). I was wondering if any1 knew a way 2 stop this, so i could still wear my nice shirts and not get holes in them. It's really frustrating b/c I have 2 wear pretty loose shirts all of the time. thx!!!
    I am 14

I love knitting, reading, dancing, singing, acting, etc.

I have a boston brace

My curves are 18 and about 9 in my brace

Originally my curves were about 15 and 30

I wear my brace 18-20 hours a day

Hey

I get the same thing exept I wear my nice shirts and they are the only ones that rip
    But anywayz my doc said thats it is because my brace rubs against a hard surface like a hard chair or the bus seat and the rubing produces a hole.
    You should try not to sit back in a chair and on hard surfaces
    Gosh scoliosis braces do limit a lot of things!!!
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

thx

thx so much! that's really helpful!! I agree. Scoli braces seem to limit most of my life. anyways, thx 4 the tip!
      I am 14

I have a boston brace

Comment

Hey

no problem i would want you to help if i had a problem!!
        Mák Veronika
        14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
        40T
        54L
        +rotation
        Boston Brace since December 2005
        Location in Florida

I play flute.
        I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Hi,
          I started getting holes in my shirt,and I went to the guy that made my brace,and told him the brace is putting holes in my shirt. So he put this white kind of tape stuff on the screws. It worked!
          Hope this helped!
          Tori
          Boston Brace
          22 degree curve without brace 14 with brace
          Homeschooled, in 7th grade
          Feel free to email me jaketori@netzero.com

Comment

thanks

thanks, all u ppl have been really helpful. It's great to have an available community of ppl who understand my problems.
            I am 14

I have a boston brace

Comment

When I was wearing a back brace, I never really had that problem. I would wear a T-Shirt, made of 100% cotton, and I would wear the brace and a T-Shirt over that. The shirt I wore under it was tight while the one on top was baggy and big.

Comment

see, I wear these special shirts under my brace called boston T's (my orthopedist gave them to me). They are so unbelievably stretchy it't not even funny, but they are tight to your body as well. I kind of pull them up over my brace from the bottom. They are really helpful because they are seamless and they have pieces on your armpits, which sounds really weird, but they like cushion against the brace.
                I am 14

I have a boston brace

Comment

Hey Diva. I'm the mom of a 13 yr old girl who just started wearing the Boston Brace during the day. She's been wearing the Providence for the past 10 months...38-39 degrees in 2 spots. You're right about the holes. My only guess is that you all need to wear thicker tops, like sweat shirts or looser fitting tops. At this rate you all will be buying new clothes every month. Have you warn a top over the brace that is old and tried putting the nicer one over that maybe that would work. My mom, yes they do come in handy....thought maybe we could get some type of think fabric to put over the velcro and bolts to help. I'm going to try it. Than god the Boston brace is less noticable than her Providence brace for nighttime. Let us know what works for you.
                  Stacy

Comment

Working...
                  X