Update on dsla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on dsla

The chiropractic treatments helped, yet I still had shoulder pain. While pushing into my shoulder muscles, the chiropractic felt (and I felt--ouch!!--) a couple muscle knots. He suggested a massage therapist.

I was a little skeptical that a massage therapist could get rid of muscle knots. I always thought of massages as a "luxury" type thing--in the same category as getting your nails done or getting a perm.

I was thrilled to find out that muscle knots actually can be massaged out! This licensed m.t. did a deep muscle massage in my shoulder, and I noticed quite an improvement a couple days later. I had an additional massage the following week: more improvement, but not as drastic a difference as week one. Now, most of my pain is gone!!

Do you still think I should see a scoliosis-specializing orthopedist?? My scoliosis is 19 degrees per the chiropractor, and it's up high (cervical).

Thanks,
    dsal
    Last edited by dsal; 04-19-2004, 02:36 PM.

do what i did and keep my bases coverd. i go to a chiropractor weekely if not 2 times a week and i go to an orthopedist.

Comment

Going to an orthopedist and getting an x-ray will give you n idea of what is actually happening to the spine. The curve will be measured from the x-ray. Let the orthopedist know that you are seeing a chiropractor and ask for other nonsurgical methods that can aide you. This way you get help from two different medical disaplines.

Comment

Working...
      X