Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can brace help us?

hi everyone,
    i'm new in here, i have 45 degrees scoliosis, i was diagnosed since i was 13 yo, i was so afraid that my curves getting worst when i get older. i want a non surgery treatment, because first i got no money to have surgery.
    my option is wearing brace. Is it really could help us? and i want to do Yoga too. Anyone know how to reduce our curves effectively without surgery ??
    thank you . sorry my english

If you have stopped growing, a brace will not help. You need to get your wrist xrayed to see if that has closed to know if you are finished growing. My daughter had finished growing at 13 and a doctor said she needed a brace without checking to see if she was still growing. Having had scoliosis since I was a teen, I knew to take her to another doctor who would check to see if she had stopped growing. She exercised and danced, but her curve kept growing and needed surgery.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

thank u for the information
      what u mean by stop growing? the curve or my body? i'am 26 yo woman , i think my body stop growing, i'am not sure with my curve, i believe it is getting worst when get older if i don't wear brace or have wrong position. what is the degress of your daughter ? and what she wearing now? thank u

Comment

Working...
      X