I Drove!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Drove!!!

Today was the first day I drove. I only drove around the development while the kids are in school. It was a bit strange. I felt more like a stiffness than pain so I was very excited. I also stopped the percocet and I am now taking vicitin and an occasional valium when my muscles protest..
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

You Go Girl!

How exciting. I owe so many carpool paybacks, I can't wait to get back in the driver's seat.

Joan

Comment

that's great! I felt independent again when I drove for the first time! It is a real milestone! You are doing really well....Ly

Comment

Good for you! I can't wait to check that off my list. I know you must feel a big sense of accomplishment. Yeahh for you!!!

Comment

Hi Dawn,

The first time I drove after my surgery, I felt like a nervous kid. My husband was at work and I wanted to try it. I didn't go far, but it was a great feeling!!! In a way, it was a feeling of independence.

Shari

Comment

support needed

Hi everyone,
            I just started a thread yesterday called "post-surgery on Cape Cod" and I do appreciate the messages I received. Any possibility that any of you would call my niece. I'm in California and she is on Cape Cod in Massachusetts and is about 6 weeks post surgery and home alone. The lady who was taking care of her in her house was stealing her pain meds. Beth is getting cabin fever would love to hear from anyone who would be willing to share their experiences with the surgery. She had a posterior correction in her lower back of 62degrees and is going to be getting the anterior done very soon to finish the correction. She's feeling isolated because she doesn't know anyone who has had the surgery. Her surgeon is Dr. Frank Rand from New England Baptist Hospital in Boston. Her phone number if 508-932-4321. Much appreciation.

Comment

Can you tell us the best time to call her. I know I had times when I didn't even want to talk to my family or friends. Only because I didn't want them to know how rough it was for me.

And the worst times were late at night when everyone was asleep, and I couldn't sleep and had no one to talk too.
              Tell us how we can help!!!

Shari

Comment

contact time for Beth

The best time to call Beth would be after 9pm eastern time when her cell minutes are free. Also any time on weekends. Thank you all so much. I talked to her yesterday about getting a computer and she is seriously thinking about it. I read the responses to her and some comments from some other people so I guess I convinced her how wonderful this sight is.

Comment

Working...
                X