Infection surgery recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infection surgery recovery

Well, I am back home after a week long hospital stay.

They opened up my entire incision and cleaned out the infection. Now I am home with an IV antibiotic treatment. It takes 1.5 hours two times per day for the IV to drip. I feel a lot better but it has really been a long journey to get to this point again. Hopefully I will not have any more set backs and will be back to "normal" recovery.

I bought a chair called "The Perfect Zero-Gravity Chair." I saw it at a store before my surgery but I ended up buying it online for much less. I have only had it for a day but already I have slept better than I have since surgery. It is a simple design and works well so far.

Thanks to the forum for the support and information. I read the posts everyday even when I am not up to responding.

Joan

Jpan, I'm glad everything went well with your latest adventure in the hospital. I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of sleep!

all best,
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Sorry for your complication but I hope the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing.
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

Hi Joan,

Thanks for keeping us informed and I hope you have no more complications!!!

I'm curious about this chair???

Shari

Comment

Hi Joan,

So glad to hear that you are home. Sorry that you had to go through all the after-infection problems. Do they know what type of infection it was?

Is there a website where we can see this chair?

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.

Deb
          age 47
          posterior surgery 7/24/06
          T5 to L5
          50% correction of T70,L76 S curve
          DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cakedec
            Is there a website where we can see this chair?
            You can see one here:

http://www.vitalitywebb.com/backstor...fect-Chair.htm
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

chair and infection

http://www.vitalitywebb.com/backstor...FRwuUAodl3Z6Bw

This is the same store I ordered my chair from. It took four days to get from California to Texas. It was 1399.00 total including the extra memory foam, delivery charges and electric feature to bring you in the "astronaut" position of zero gravity. It is called "refurbished" but appears brand new and was wrapped up like new. They said the wood on the bottom is the only part that is refurbished. My maple colored wood matches my bedroom set and is a beautiful piece of furniture. I love it.

The infection I got from the hospital is one of those super bugs that is resistant to most antibiotics. The antibiotic I have to give myself is an intervenous drip that takes two hours twice per day until December 15. Then I have to take five months of oral antibiotic. e

Comment

Hi Joan,

I hope the infection realizes what a strong person it's dealing with, and just get the hell out!!!

Shari

Comment

Look out!

I'm thinking this bug thought it landed in a friendlier host. I am working on kicking butt!

Thanks for the support, Shari!

Joan

Comment

Working...
                  X