Trouble Sitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Sitting

I was fused from t-9 to sacrum and I still have trouble sitting up for any prolonged periods of time. PA says its normal. I am walking well I am weaning off of my cane little by little. I just feel like I am lazy I know that's ridiculous but that is the only term I could come up with. I have started to resume doing light household duties. I go out I just wish I could sit. I have tried a variety of chairs. Any insight would be appreciated
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

I think you'll find that most here will tell you how hard it was to sit for any length of time at your stage of recovery... sitting was the worst! I'm fused T-11 to L-5... It takes time but each week you will get better & better at it...Ly

Comment

Hi

This is Dave, Progress is slow, walking will help that just start slow and work your way up on distance or time.
      Hello I'm Dave
      34 years old
      2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
      65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
      Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Comment

Hi Dawn,

I know what you mean when you feel like you're being lazy about sitting. But I don't think that's the case, I think it's more like be tired of sitting with pain.

I went through stages. I think I had 5 different chairs that I sat in as I progressed in my recovery. I even had an outside chair brought into the house that was on the deck. And of course lots of different sized pillows helped.

When I would go out I always had a pillow in my car, just in case, and I would use my coat as a pillow is I had too.

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X