shopping again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shopping again!

Just wanted to share my excitement, I went to the mall yesterday!!
    I will be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. My daughter needed new shoes and I decided that I wanted to go myself and I really felt good enough to go. My sister and my brother-in-law took me and I managed to walk around and buy several things, I was there for almost 3 hours! I am also on the treadmill walking 1/2 mile a day! Getting better every day! Hurray!!!

Dori

Wow, Dori!! You go, girl!!!!
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

That is so awesome Dori! Were you in pain during those 3 hours at all?
      Way to go,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Anya,

I admit that by the end of the 3 hours I was feeling tired and sore. But, it wasn't anything horrible. My legs were a little sore today when I woke up, but not my back!

Comment

I am so happy for you. I must admit that I am going through mall withdrawal. I wonder if there is support group for that?
          surgery 9/06
          Rothman institute

Comment

wow, that's great! I went to the mall last week too, first time,& I did a couple stores but I did have to rest a bit. One of my legs ached a bit... I was there about an 1 & 1/2!!! I felt great to get out & happy with the accomplishment but also realized I was not yet like my old self... I was extremely tired afterwards & realized I do not have the stamina yet & am still on the mend.. plus I had to walk pretty slow! all in due time, I guess...Lynne
            3 months post-op

Comment

Just doing the basics at 3 months

I'm about the same as Lynn right now for shopping. Can take my daughter into about 2 stores; the 3rd is pushing it. Not much wandering around yet. Can do basic grocery shopping but have to rest when I get home. But it is good because at least I can get out when needed; just have to limit it.

Deb
              age 47
              posterior surgery 7/24/06
              50% correction of T70-L76 curves
              DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT

Comment

I did the mall in an electric cart at first, and also in a wheelchair. I really needed a mall fix! Now at 3 1/2 months I can walk into a few stores, eat lunch and walk some more before I get tired. My walks outside around the block really helped to improve my stamina. I can also do the whole grocery store now too.
                Sandy
                [SIZE=3]Sandy B
                Spinal Fusion 7/13/06
                Dr. William A. Lauerman
                Georgetown University Medical Center[
                /SIZE]

Comment

yes, my P.T. fellow says it is building up your stamina at this stage--3 months(post-op). I have been doing the treadmill etc....

Comment

Hi Dori,

You're doing great!!! When I would finally decide to venture out on some sort of shopping spree, and it was no where near 4 weeks post-op, I choose a wheelchair.

Keep up the great progress!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
                    X