Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoliosis with Scheuermann's Kyphosis Disease too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis with Scheuermann's Kyphosis Disease too?

hi. im a 14 y/o boy with 30 degree scoliosis and 57 degree Scheuermann's Kyphosis. Is there anyone out there with the same as me? if u have it and happen to read this, reply plz!!
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Hi Matt,

I just met a mom of a 13yr old boy with a 47 degree kyphosis due to Scheuermann's Kyphosis. I'm sure she would love to speak with you about her son's experiences. He is currently being observed for any changes as he goes through puberty. Email me at boulderfam@hotmail.com and I'll give you her email address.

My best,
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

RE: Kyphosis

Hey, Matt...

You asked me or my daughter to e-mail you about her Kyphosis, so I sent you an e-mail, but it came back to me. Did you get the private message I sent you? Just wanted to touch base with you. Feel free to send me a private message or whatever.

12 1/2 year old daugther with Kyphosis (79*) and Scoliosis (36*)

Mary Lou
      Last edited by ; 04-22-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I had the same scoliosis with kyphosis as you do. My doctor called it kyphoscoliosis. Mine was very very bad and I had surgery at 13 for it. kyphoscoliosis is different then regular scoliosis, but the same in some ways. If there is anything I can answer for you I'd sure like to try!

Comment

Good morning, just wanted to express my support and empowerment regarding your post. I was four years old in 1954 when I recieved the first Spinal Fusion in the State of Michigan, University Hospital, Ann Arbor.
          My life has been filled with challenges and barriers regarding many issues, I have been in the United States Navy, Played football and now employed full-time as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. At the age of 54, I have two beautiful daughters and buying a home. Never say never and fight for your dreams and inclusion.
          I hope someday to work for a non-profit or agency fighting for inclusion and issues regarding Scoliosis so if you hear of any Organization, Disability Rights or Advocacy group looking for someone in Michigan. Please have them contact me, it is time that I use my work and disability experience on behalf of the thousands with Scoliosis.
          Yes I do have a story to tell, one of determination, motivation and self-relient. Color outside the line, follow your dreams and fight for your rights and the American Dream.
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

Working...
          X