Pressure / pulling feeling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure / pulling feeling ?

I'm new to this forum , having just found it. Broke my back in motorcycle wreck , at t4-t5 , it's been going on 5 months , and I'm walking when they
    ( doctors) didn't think I would . I've been back to work on lite duty for a Power Company , and things are going great ! My only question is does anyone have the feeling of presure in their back/chest where the rods are ? Is this normal ? I was told it was the mucsles streching back .. My local doctor in Florida has never seen anyone with this injury is at a loss for advice . My surgeon was in Chattanooga , so I can't just go see him . Is there a drug that works well for someone else that I can tell the Doc to check into to make this more barrible . Or is this part of the healing ? I can handle the pain , it's the pressure thats sometimes hard to handle like a bad tooth ache that wouldn't go away . Thanks
    hkw

Since it's a muscle thing, could muscle relaxants help, you think? I'm in Southern Tennessee and had my surgery done in Nashville. I was able to call the surgeon's office and discuss with his nurses the problems i had and they would call in a prescription to my local pharmacy. Maybe your surgeon could do something similar even if you can't make the trip? I took meds for both pain and muscle relaxants for some months afterwards.

Hope you can find some relief soon!
    JoAnn

Comment

Thanks for the reply.. Am taking muscle relaxers , that doesn't work nor do pain pills..Have talked to Surgeons nurse and they sent me a script for a ct scan to let him look at ..I just thought if someone was going through the same thing they might tell me if its normal, no one hear to ask or tell me front experiance.. Surgeon who agreed to take me over here at home for follow ups was very unhelpful .. Kind of like buying a car from one dealer and going to another for warrenty work , they tend to very unwilling to help cause they didn't make the orginal sell , get my drift.. I had to find a model (on his exam room table ) of what the screws and rods looked like and how many verts (8)they covered to get an idea of what I had to live with ..
      Thanks Keith

Comment

Hi Keith,

I just read your post about all of your other injuries. Wow, you had an angel watching over you!!! I'm cetainly no doctor, and I had pain for many months after my surgery. But I can't help but wonder if it may be from the combination of injuries that you had.

Hope you get some answers and relief.

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X