is this part of sciatica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this part of sciatica?

this is hard to explain but you know the upper back part of your thigh/leg that is under your bottom?when i go to bend at my hips it feels like there is a tight muscle feeling pulling and it hurts for me to do that.just wondering if that is a part of sciatica . i usually have pain in the back part of my left leg but have noticed this pain since the mylogram and disckogram i had done 2 months ago.i only notice it when i bend though especially when sitting and bending down.anyone know what this could be??
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

I don't know if it is or not but if you have noticed it more or for the first time after your procedures, then I say you should discuss it with your doc. It could be your body readjusting or it could be a complication but either way, get it checked out so you know for sure and you can stop playing the "what if its this..game!"

I play it a lot and the people here have told me this also. I have a weird tingly feeling down one of my legs and have been guessing about it for the past year. So I do know how scary it can be, so I say stop giving yourself pre-ulcerous symptoms and tell your doctor every little thing you have been experiencing even if you think its too little to make a difference... you will never know unless you tell them everything. Keep me posted and it will be ok.

Laura

Comment

yes i find myself doing the what if its this game too.everytime i get a strange pain i wonder what now.i did email one of the nurses at the drs office to see what it could be cause its bothersome but only when bending down.i dont think they can do anything but it will help if they think its just a normal part of sciatica.

Comment

Yes I constantly find myself standing in front of the mirror trying to see if my shoulders are starting to curve again. Analyzing every pain trying to see if it was different from the one i had yesterday. Did you get a reply from your nurse yet?

Comment

Hamstring

gayle. sounds like you pulled a hamstring. Do you stretch regularly?

Hamstring stretches are recommended for back problems.

Comment

i did contact the PA and he said it sounds like a nerve irritation and that it shoul slowly but surely go away.it seems it is cause it doesnt hurt all the time anymore.no i dont do any stretches at all and i probably should be.

Comment

Working...
            X