Funny story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny story...

I was reading a couple of posts about naming your brace, and wearing your brace while travelling, etc and it brought some good memories to mind so I thought I would share them.

I haven't worn a brace for about 6 years now.. but I had my brace for 7 years and hated wearing it (like most individuals). My brace's name was Clyde. I had two different braces in the span of those 7 years, but never changed the name. There was Clyde 1 and Clyde 2. My family travelled a fair bit, and I refused to wear my brace on the plane so we would take it on as carry-on luggage.
    My dad is a bit of a goof, and when waiting to board the airplane he would sit my brace in a seat and talk to him, "Clyde, how are you feeling today?" and so on. When we arrived at our destination he would take the brace, and prop it on the front of our baggage cart (I dont know if you can picture this properly it was quite hilarious) and say such things like "Clyde, lead the way!"

So although most memories of the brace weren't very joyous ones, this one always brings a smile to my face. So I thought I would share it. If you have any silly stories like this, please humor me!

Take care!

lisanicole
    23/F/Canada
    Surgery - Nov. 10, 2000
    80 Degrees thoracic curve down to 19
    L5 - T1
    lisanicolegrace
    29/F/Canada
    Surgery - 11/10/2000
    80° curve to 19° post op.
    www.lisanicolegrace.com
    @lisanicolegrace
    facebook
    x-rays
    picture of my back

Lisanicole,
    As my mother-in-law used to say, "a sense of humor gets you through life" and she was so right. That is a very cute story. When my daughter used to get her back checked every six months, my husband and I used to make fun of the gown she used to put on when she went for x-rays and tell her that we would ask the doctor if she could borrow it for the prom. Believe it or not, years later when it was prom time, that came up in conversation. It may have not been that funny to her then, but we laugh about it now. Take care..... LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Working...
    X