Desk/chair/book Holder For School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desk/chair/book Holder For School

My daughter has a 25 degree curve and is 14 years old. The doctor has recommended a Boston Brace for her and we are going tomorrow to get measurements.
    My daughter has a very long school day and a very uncomfortable molded desk/chair set.
    Where could I order a desk, chair, seat or back cushion and book holder for her that would be more comfortable and better for her back? Thank you for any information.

The doctor's office I go to for my back also sells the things we use for pt at cost. They have a comfy lower lumbar support that velcros around a chair. You might check a chiro or spine doc to see if they could sell you something.
    I also use those cute little pillows that have the beads in them for comfort sometimes (especially the cylinder shaped one) I've seen those everywhere.
    Will she have to wear her brace to school? I never did, but those desks were always uncomfortable. I find sitting on one of my legs to help balance out helps sometimes (but I'm not sure if this is healthy or not)
    Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
    Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

a suggestion i have and i use is if she has to carry a lot of books, have a second set of the books home. it helped me a lot because i dont have to worry about all of the extra pressure on my back.

and as for ordering the stuff..

when in doubt, go on ebay. =]
      i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

Before you put out a bunch of money, at least for the chair, check with the school, as there may be state or federal requirements that apply for assistance from the district. So far as the books go, the second set of books is one idea providing the school will cooperate. The other thing you might try is a book bag on wheels. If her school has elevators, the need for a rolling book bag should be enough justification to allow her access to them. If need be, your doctor can help here with a simple note or a prescription. BTW know that her having scoliosis has absolutely nothing to do with carrying heavy loads (books) under one arm or the other. Be sure to get her involved here. Offer ideas, but let her pick out what she wants (unless you feel it's unreasonable, or detrimental). Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X