Saw Surgeon on Tues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Surgeon on Tues

He said everything looks great. I have to loose the brace and the walker and just use the cane. This is great because at least I can go out by myself outside that is. Once I stop the narcotics I can drive short distances. I haven't cried in 2 days life is good. Today at least.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Dawn--it's the drugs that make you weep...of course we have to take them for the pain & aches....Ly
    that's super that all looks good!!!

Comment

You're making progress...that's the important thing. Keep up the good work!
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey Dawney, That is good news! The crying is so normal. The drugs plus think how much you have been through! I know it is tough to keep in mind just how huge this surgery is. I kept needing to remind myself. The stress of it all would make anyone cry! I'm so glad you are doing well. Best wishes!

Comment

Hi ya Dawney

So glad to hear that you are doing well and able to be on the forum. The worst is behind you; now each week will get better. Just try to take one day at a time. Welcome to the club on the other side!!

Deb
          age 47
          posterior surgery 7/24/06
          for S curve T70,L76
          30 degrees correction
          DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!!

Comment

Your Surgery

I'm glad to hear that you are improving after your surgery. I hope you continue to get better. Good luck!

Comment

Hang in there
              I still cry from time to time...........picture me trying to zip up my boots with the hook end of a dressing stick. I'm determined to wear my boots with skirts to work and although it takes patience I'm eventually able to do it!
              Jenn
              37 y/o female
              60 degree lumbar
              45 degree thoracic
              1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
              T 5 to S 1
              NYC

Comment

Hi Dawn,

For the first few months after surgery, one of the few things that I was good at and could do all by myself, was being weepy. Sometimes for no apparent reason at all.

One day I would be a up and the next day I would be down. And the down days always seemed to be more down than the up days did up. If that makes sense???

I was ashamed of myself for getting so low, and now I know that I had nothing to be ashamed of, that it's perfectly normal. I know it's hard at times, but keeping a postitive attitude helps alot. It's wonderful that you haven't cried in 2 days, just know that it's okay if you cry for 2 days too!!!

Shari

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on the computer in a while but in the wonderful world of technology my computer crashed. I am hooked on the show Charmed. I never watched it before but have been getting the boxed sets and watching them. I still can.t sit for too long but my surgeon told me not to be too concerned. I still wake up once a night for a percocet. Other than that I havent been sleeping badly. I am still on the couch though Tried the bed and had a horrible night. Been thinking of everyone.
                  surgery 9/06
                  Rothman institute

Comment

Hi Dawn,

I know what you mean. I had never watched so much TV my entire adult life. Mostly because of my job. Sitting was rough on me, but I had a TV in the room that I claimed my own after surgery. I think it takes some time to find out where we are most comfortable.

I had a hard time sleeping anywhere, so if you have found some place where you can sleep, it's a good thing no matter where it is!!! Been thinking of you too!!!

Shari

Comment

I never watched so much TV in my life as I did when I first was home after the operations! I ended up watching just about anything that grabbed my attention! There were plenty of nights that I left the TV on all night & woke up the next morning with the noise! I never slept more than a few hours here & there at night for the first month or so..
                      I am now 3 mths post-op & can say I am recently feeling much better, mood wise. I only cried a few times thru the last few months but had depression & many down days which I feel were due to the pain meds. My appetite is still not great but a bit better. I now only take half of a tablet of percocet every 6-7 hrs.. So I now( last week or so) see my mood is much more up then before... I was somewhat prepared for this but did'nt know it would affect me for this long... My physical pain was much easier to deal with than the depression thru this whole ordeal..that was rough. I chose not to take a antidepressant due to what I was on already & so I dealt with it... Just glad it seems to be ending! Lynne
                      ant/post surg Aug. 1st 2006
                      http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X