Shelby's 4 month check up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelby's 4 month check up

Shelby had her 4 month check up yesterday and everything is looking great. She has been having some pain in her right calf that she decribes as growing pains that won't go away. Her doctor said her muscles have to get used to their new places and that may take awhile. Because she doesn't have the pain constantly and usually only after a long day he wasn't concerned that it was anything to do with nerves. He said she could start shooting some basketballs but no games. She asked if she could jog or run (I think she is a little bored walking with mom) but he said not yet. We don't go back to see him until her 1 year check up unless something comes up between now and then. So everything went as we expected but I think she is always relieved to see the X-ray and see that the rods and screws are still where they are supposed to be. Sure feels good to be 4 months post op.

Kathy
    Daughter Shelby (13 years old)
    Curves were 44T 64L Now 10T 10L
    Posterior Fusion T4 to L4
    June 19, 2006

Glad Shelby is doing so well!!!

Melissa
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Awww, yay! I'm so glad you're keeping everyone updated. It is nice to hear of so many that are doing well post-op. Anyways, I'm so glad for both you and your daughter!
      ♪I can't take this blissful misery...when our worlds are far apart. Love is tearing me apart...♪

Kimi o ai Shiteru, swt.

Comment

Working...
      X