Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics

where are all the pics at of xrays and anything else? you would think they would have a pic forum or something....or am i missing it?

What type of pictures are you looking for? I have pictures of my daughter's x-rays both before surgery and after. I also have before and after pictures of her. I don't usually post them but have sent them to people via e-mail.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like an echo, what kind of pictures are you looking for? If you're looking for 'before and after' X-Ray pics, check out my blog (the link at the bottom), and you'll see my before and afters. You'd have to scroll down a little, but they're right there. I actually just re-posted them about 2 weeks ago, to mark my surgery's one year anniversary. :-) Hope they help some.
      27 Years Old
      Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
      Post Surgery: 15 degrees
      www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Comment

yes thanks that helps, no specific pics really, i just thought there would be a place for all the different pics patients have gotten over the surgery and everything, i think i saw that when i browsed another scoliosis forum

Comment

I'm thinking that if this forum was just like the other one, then one of them wouldn't be needed. ;-)
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Dr. Lenke has numerous before and after photos of cases that he has been involved with, both adults and youths. It's worth checking out just to see some of the corrections that can be acheived. Granted you have to keep in mind that these are selected cases, but it's interesting nonetheless.
            http://www.spinal-deformity-surgeon.com/stories.html
            28 years old
            Wore brace for 3 years as a teen
            Successful surgery with Dr. Lenke on January 12, 2007

Comment

I completely agree with what Linda said. One of them wouldn't be needed if they were both the same. I joined another forum before I joined this one. They both had something different to offer.
              Brandi
              Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
              Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
              L1-S1
              Dr. William Lauerman
              Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
              Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
              http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

yes that is true, just the other forum wasnt as interesting as this one. This one seems to have alot more people and information, so i just thought if there was there would be alot more interesting photos, as the other one was limited, anyways it was just a suggestion
                n2starz- thanks so much , the link was very useful

Comment

More images than you could possibly imagine:

ttp://images.google.com/

Search on SCOLIOSIS
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

ya um thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X