Getting Close to Surgery Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Close to Surgery Date

Hi Everyone, I am getting closer to my surgery of 11/3/ & 11/6/2006 to repair my 64 degree curve. I find I am vey tired & getting a bit overwhelmed with things I need to finish here at home so everything is organized & in order before coming home. Many things went by the wayside as I had 3 surgeries from Dec. 2003 to Feb. 2005 for Cervical Spine & Lumbar. I have sinusitis & on an antibiotic that makes me feel very nauseous & the double iron supplement doesn't help my stomach either. That is for the collection of my blood for surgery. I guess I just have a case of the blues today & want so much to take a nap, but have so much to do. And Tuesdays I go to my Mom's to do her meds. She had second stroke in 10 months in April. Did anyone else feel a bit overwhelmed pre-surgery? I feel like a real complainer today.
    Hope everyone is well.

I know exactly how you feel. My surgery is Dec 12 and already I am trying to get "projects" done that I won't be able to do afterwards for quite a while. Maybe being busy is good- it kind of takes your mind off of it. But I sympathize with you! Overwhelmed is exactly how I feel too.
    Cathie

Comment

Thanks Cathie,
      I thought it was just me. Some days are just more overwhelming than others.
      I know from talking to 2 women who has this surgery with my surgeon that afterwards I won't be doing much for quite a while. I obvously need to focus on the outcome. And thanks for the reminder that being busy is good. I just get so tired & full of pain. Something always comes up that takes me away from what I want or need to do. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.
      I will be praying for you.
      Thanks again.
      Ellen

Comment

Hi Ellen,

I felt overwhelmed with all kinds of different emotions before the surgery. I kept working up until 10 days before. I thought that keeping busy at work would take my mind off of things, and it did to some degree.

The closer my date came the more scared and nervous I got. I tried to keep busy preparing the house. But nothing I did, completely squashed my anxiety.
        It's normal to feel the way you do. I think most of us here have had the same experiences in that regard.

Shari

Comment

Thanks Shari,
          I am feeling better today, as I go some things accomplished. My soon to be 4 year old granddaughter's Birthday Party is here tomorrow. My husband wasn't overjoyed, ( only because he didn't want me doing too much) but I knew it would be an incentive for me to get some projects done & clean up some clutter. I don't like clutter...LOL And besides my daughter is a darling & she won't leave here tomorrow until she does everything & makes sure the house is as it was before she gets here.
          I didn't do my blood collection yesterday, as they were getting a B/P of 90/60
          and I have never had a BP that low. My husband heard some conversations between some of the nurses re the new blood pressure cuffs they had just gotten, so I think that was the problem, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I said "no".. The nurse agreed & suggested that I go to a Wal-Mart or a drugstore that have those B/P machines, on the way home & see what it was there. We did & it was 128/73. I usually run 120/70, so I think it had to do with their new cuffs!! But I am not going to worry about it. I have given 1 pint, so if they need more they will have to go to the Blood Bank & make a withdrawal!!
          Well, I guess I had better get to bed so I will be ready for the Cinderella Party tomorrow!!
          Thank you for your help.
          Peace & Many Blessings to you,
          Ellen

Comment

Hi Ellen,

Hope you had a "ball" at the party.!!! There's nothing wrong with doing the things you get great pleasure from!!!

I gave 2 units of blood, and still needed to make a withdrawl from the bank.

Shari

Comment

Working...
            X