I'm new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new...

Hey, guys, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sarah, 17, from California. I have to have surgery soon, but I'm not entirely sure what the exact date is. Mine's going to be an anterior spinal fusion. I'm actually quite excited about the prospect of a straighter back. Anyways, I just thought I would introduce myself.
    ♪I can't take this blissful misery...when our worlds are far apart. Love is tearing me apart...♪

Kimi o ai Shiteru, swt.

Just wondering, do you have 1 or 2 curves, and what are the curve(s) degrees?
    35T 54L rotation
    3rd TLSO brace
    shoe lift
    trunk shift,pelvic shift
    waiting for surgery!

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the site - I myself just discovered it today.

My surgery was 31 years ago and I am sure technology and technique has changed since then. All I can say to you is keep smiling, look at the positives, and know that your family and friends will be there for you. My operation was at the Babies hospital at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, and one of my dearest friends then, and now, went to see me at the hospital after the surgery, and brought me a rattle because I was at the "babies hospital" - it made me smile! Keep smiling!

Comment

Originally posted by janneboud
        Just wondering, do you have 1 or 2 curves, and what are the curve(s) degrees?
        I just have one curve. It's only 37 degrees, but they want to correct it because my spine has shifted severely to the right, and it's very low in my back.
        ♪I can't take this blissful misery...when our worlds are far apart. Love is tearing me apart...♪

Kimi o ai Shiteru, swt.

Comment

Working...
        X