Had an outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an outing

On Wed night My Family went out for ice cream. It was tiring but I felt a little human again. On Thurs I went out to lunch with my Stepdaughter and granddaughter which felt great. I am paying the price for it today. I also went from percocet to vicotin today. So today was not one of my best days. I did get out and walk for a while. I am just wondering when you stop wanting to be a couch potato for 95 percent of the time.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Long days & nights..

wow Dawney-you are doing well! I went out to dinner with my family last night & I do think that was the first time I've been out for dinner. I have been out for lunch with friends several times but I do better at that hour of the day. I still get pretty tired by early evening.....
    You do end up more tired the next day but it's worth getting out! My early recovery was in mid August & I just remember it was nice weather most days & no humidity so I got out early on in my backyard but that was about it...the days & nights were long because you really are'nt doing much..so hang in there and just rest. sounds like you are walking a lot so you are getting out a bit! keep in touch-Ly
    http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com
    surgery aug.1 2006

Comment

It takes a little while to get over the hump so to speak, but you WILL get there. Dawn, you are doing great, better than I was at this stage. I found that while going out was tiring, it made me feel like a part of the world again. Hang in there, you'll see, the best days are ahead.
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Dawn,

Wow!!! It's so great to hear that you are already getting out in public so soon after surgery.

I wasn't taken off of the the heavy drugs for 3 months. I think you're doing just great.

It's easy to get impatient just sitting around, but you really need to give your body time to heal!!!

Shari

Comment

You are doing great!

Congrats on getting "out and about"! I found it soooo exciting the first couple of times I got out of the house. It does make you feel more of a part of society again. I think you are doing truly wonderful! Keep up the good work!!
          Angela
          29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Working...
          X