some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions

just wondering anyone with long hair if its better to have your hair pulled back like a braid rather than down when going into surgery? also can scoliosis cause you to get headaches or little head pains?
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Yes. It is better to tie your hair up before going into surgery. They will have you put one of those paper caps on but it makes it easier. Yes, I have heard of folks with scoliosis and cervical curvatures getting headaches. Don't know about the rest of the scoli population. Maybe Linda can chime in.
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Trudy...

You should plan on not wanting to brush your hair for at least the first 2-3 days, so I think a braid is a better option.

Headaches are very common, so I don't think anyone has bothered to correlate them to scoliosis. If you have a curve that is very high in your back, it certainly could be causing headaches.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

A regular braid may be okay I decided on a french brais. My hair was like a rats nest for at least a week.
        surgery 9/06
        Rothman institute

Comment

Working...
        X