Should I see a doctor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I see a doctor?

I am sorry if this topic is out of place, but i feel a bit silly posting under the 'patients' category.
    I am 21 and believe I may have very mild scoliosis, as one shoulder is a bit (2-3 cm) higher than the other. I noticed this about a year ago when I was doing my hair; my roommate, my boyfriend and my hairdresser have also noticed it.
    I don't think it is any reason to seek medical help, however, b/c of the research I have done which convinced me that it was nothing to worry about.
    However, I having been working out my upper body for the past few months and the past two times I have worked out, I have had bad neck pain on the right side, shoulder pain on the right side, and 'popping' of my right shoulder joints for about 2 days after the workout. The right side is the lower shoulder.
    Could this be related to my possible 'scoliosis'? Or did I simply overwork the shoulder? Should I ignore it, or see a doctor? Will adapting my workout regime help?
    Any help at all would be appreciated very much! Thank you!!!
    Last edited by Natalie; 04-09-2004, 12:05 PM.

I noticed you didn't have any answers posted, so I thought I'd give you my 2 cents worth. Go to your regular doctor and tell him/her about your worry. The doc can check you out and put your mind at rest. As for the pain you had after working out I'd say chang your workout for awhile. It is always possible that you pulled amuscle. At any rate, ask your doctor to check your back out. It's worth the peace of mind!!

Comment

Thanks! Sounds good to me.

Comment

I'm glad that helped!

Comment

Addtional Help

As Mary K said its better to get it checked out by a docotr, i'm only 19 and my mum noticed something worng with my back when i was 3 and a half years old. My Scoliosis is pretty bad. Exercise is the best way to get any weight off that could be putting any stress on your back. Try something like swimming etc. I've noticed a change in both my curves as well because they've been going from 1 - 2 degrees a year, but since taking up karate, its helped both curves slow down.
          2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Working...
          X