time to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to go

Well, my time has come. I am leaving for Johns Hopkins on Sunday, for early Monday morning surgery. I visited my Navy husband in Florida for a blissful 6 days and now it is time to face this surgery and the rest of my life. I'm a little sad because my surgeon decided my fusion will be from T3-L5. It's longer than I had anticipated, so it was somewhat of a dissapointment. I am planning a quiet weekend with my kids and my family.

A "thank you" to this forum and to all of you hardly seems adequate. I have learned so much and gained strength from every persons personal experience. You have all in some way made this journey a little easier to travel. I will update you all when I can. God Bless!

Surgery date: October 9, 2006
    Johns Hopkins, Dr. Khaled Kebaish
    60* thoracic curve

good luck! I wish you well.
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Dori -

I wish you a very successful surgery and restful recovery. Please let us know how you're doing when you are up to it.

Take Care.
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Will be praying for you! I hope this is a great weekend for you - I know you are going to be glad when it is over. My surgery is not until December and I'm already tired of thinking about it! Let us know when you can how you are doing.
        Cathie

Comment

I wish you all of the best and remember even though there will be some rough times it gets better and better. I have no regrets.
          surgery 9/06
          Rothman institute

Comment

Hi Dori,

I also want to wish you all the best!!! We will all be here when you are able to return, to give you all the support you may need.

Blessings to you and your family!!!

Shari

Comment

I'll be praying for you! You will do great and we look forward to hearing from you "on the other side!"
              Best,
              Anya
              "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
              Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
              19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Good luck Dori! I am fused T3-L4 and 19 months later I can honestly say that I feel great and I felt at 9 months post op that I was pretty much fully recovered so there is positive that can come from a long fusion. If you ever want to talk off the board, you can pm me!

Comment

Working...
                X