View Full Version : Hiii.

10-04-2006, 12:21 PM

My name is Jenna I'm 17. I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago by my family doctor, and I just saw my first specialist two days ago. I first started thinking about it when the lady who fitted my prom dress asked my mom if I had it. I researched it, and made an appointment just in case. It turns out it was a good call.

I saw the X-rays and I wanted to be sick- they scared me. I have a 41 degree curve in the upper part of my spine, and two smaller ones above and below the main one. The wierd part is, I stand completely straight, I'm even. Unless you look super close at my spine if I'm not wearing a shirt, you'd never know anything was wrong. I guess in that way I'm lucky. I've heard people can look abnormal with a 10 degree curve.

I'm too old for a brace, as I've finished growing. The doctor I saw pretty much said he never needed to see me again, it's just something I have to deal with. It shouldn't affect 99% of my normal life.

The only problem this is causing me is general uncomfort. I am always shifting and moving and my back never feels comfy. I have a constant need to stretch every minute. it's not pain though. I'm a dancer and a very flexible person, I shouldn't feel this much stiffness.

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep general comfort/good stretches to help my back?

Also, how particularily common is my degree of a curve?

10-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I find great releif in chiropratic care. An ortho found 2 congenitally fused vertibrae and a curve front to back in my neck 12 years ago. I was told that I would have to just live with the pain and was handed 2 prescriptions 1 for antianflamitorys and 1 for muscle relaxers. I saw a GOOD chiropractor ( there are some out there that are questionable as with any Doc.) And have been medication free with minimal pain since then. I started going 3 x a week for 2 months then 2x then once, now every 3 weeks religously . Chiropractic care is not for everyone but it works for me.


10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
hey u could try traction for pain.Ciropractors have some special thing where it can help ur pain ect.I belive it really works.So just ask your cirprator or doctor about that.LOL!hope i could help! :eek: