Mri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mri

Does anyone know what "diffuse disc bulges" mean from an MRI? I couldn't really find much info on the internet. What does diffuse mean? I don't know if thats bad or good. Everything else was good on the MRI.

I am having lower back pain - off to the right side of my spine. I had a lumbar MRI done and it showed these bulges at L2-3 and L3-4.

My 2nd opinion surgeon said this would not be causing pain to the right of my spine and that these are degenerative changes and normal for me - 38 years old. He thinks I may have a soft tissue injury or pulled muscle and suggested PT and exercise. I won't see my 1st surgoen - the one who actually ordered the MRI until next week so I will compare notes from the 2 after that.
    43 y.o. married w/a 12 and 14 y.o
    62 degree curve T7 - L2 that is now being measured at 54 degrees?????
    Never had surgery/Thinking about it and gathering all the info I can!

I could be wrong, but I think it means that the discs are bulging evenly, and not just in one spot.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X