Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have arm pain with scoliosis or disk problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have arm pain with scoliosis or disk problems?

lately my left arm will start hurting like a pinching feeling in the middle of the inside ofmy arm.it will stop and then come back for a few seconds.not sure if i pulled a muscle or what but i have hip and leg pain on that side so was wondering if it could have to do with the leg pain?
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Hi Trudy...

I think the nerves in your arms originate in your neck, and the nerves in your legs originate in your lumbar spine.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

well ive noticed to that when i go to look down it feels like my spine is pulling and hurts.maybe my neck is causing it?

Comment

trapped nerve..

Sounds like you have sciatica in your leg due to a trapped nerve in your spine, and also another one trapped in your neck, which is causind the pins and needles.... see below:

Congenital kyphoscoliosis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with Scoliosis when I was 20, after being misdiagnosed and treated for 5 years prior to that. It took another seven and a half years for me to finally have my first surgery, which was Decompression and Discectomy, to try and free my trapped nerves, which didn't work. I had Major Spinal Reconstruction six months later, in June 2003, and have two titanium rods and 13 screws, all the way into my coccyx. I was in a Body Brace for six months after the operation. Then had the Cross Connectors removed two years ago as one of them moved out of place. My spine is now fully fused, and due to the discomfort of the metal work, I am currently waiting to have them removed. But, I ended up with a damaged Radial nerve in my left hand during my last surgery, and I'm left handed, which makes it worse. I live in London UK, and had my surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, in Stanmore. I had a 43 degree curve, two sets of problems in my spine, as two vertebrae were fused together with my nerve trapped, and the base was damaged, and VERY bad case of sciatica, which almost crippled me. No exercise helped, it just made it worse, £50 an hour with Chiropractors which gave pain relief for half an hour or so then back to hell again. If possible, get in touch with the RNOH hospital, and see if someone can help you.. I wish you all the best, and please feel free to contact me if you need more info. I do feel for you all, as I have been there....and still dealing with it, as the pain does not go away 100%, as they tell you before the surgery. But it was worth it, as I now have a better quality of life than I did up to three and a half years ago, and would advise anyone to persevere until something is done as Scoliosis, and especially nerve pain, is the worst pain for anyone to have to cope with.

Comment

has anyone had non surgical spinal decompression?

I am a 43 yr old with untreated scoliosis- with herniated L5, bulging L4, DDD,
          spinal stenosis, my lower left lumbar has a severe curve to the left, my upper neck curves to the right. 18 months ago the pain started down my left leg to the point where my leg was unusable, it would give out from the pain. I have been to the nuerosurgeon who wished me luck, as I am a pandoras box if opened. Yes you have to watch your disks and premature degeneration. I have found a machine called the drx9000 it is for spinal decompression, has anyone with scoliosis used this with any relief? it is big $ so I would love some help, Cheers!
          43 year old
          30-upper
          41-lower
          ddd,bulging disks
          bone spurs
          osteoarthritis
          waiting for surgery

Comment

lberg...

If your scoliosis is severe, you should be seen by a doctor who specializes in scoliosis. You can find a list of them here:

http://www.srs.org/directory/directory.asp

Regards,
            Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hello All

Hi Most likely the c6 disc is giving you problems in your arm. I had the same problem in 2002 till they took the c6 disc out. Dave
              Hello I'm Dave
              34 years old
              2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
              65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
              Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Comment

well the pain in my arm is gone now,it only lasted like a week.i guess i pulled a muscle there or something but it was the strangest pain.

Comment

brat, did taking out the C6 disk help? C4, c5 and c6 are all herniated for me. The MRI shows my spine is being compressed for the past year. Epidural block, cortisone shot, PT, Tens, and meds have all failed. They tell me the next stage is a decompression surgery and then if still no success, cervical fusion.

Comment

Working...
                  X