New meds question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New meds question

Hey guys its been a while since I posted anything. I was wondering now that I'm 10 weeks how everyone is doing on there pain meds. I'm still taking Diladid 2 every 6 hours and none through the night. I take 1000 mg Tylenol in the a.m and p.m but I think there worthless. At my check up last week they said no more Diladid, and that they would try Darviset? I know I'm spelling these all wrong. Has anyone used these and do they work. To my two back pals who had surgery around me are you guys still on meds?

Hi Peachtree

I weaned off the oxycontin 2 weeks ago which is what I came home from the hospital with. I really wanted off it so I could drive a little. You are right, the tylenol by itself isn't quite enough yet. They told me I could take Vicodin or Darvocet every 4-6 hours as needed. I do need it and take it (Vicodin at night and Darvocet during the day). The Darvocet isn't real strong, either, but it takes the edge off. I still get sore and achy if I sit, stand, or walk very much.

How did your surgery and recovery go? Write us when you can.

Deb
    Posterior surgery 7/24/06

Comment

Hi Peachtree,

I was told by my Dr. he expected me to need some pain meds up until 6 months. I had Norco 10/325 and 5 mg valium. I split the Valiums in 1/2 as they made me wiggy and I only needed them for occasional muscle spasms. As for the Norco I was taking 1/2 once a day maybe 2x in my 6th month. (I just hit 7 months post-op 9/22) I have been off them for 1 week now. I figured I could do without 1/2 pill and I could tough through some discomfort. If you need them, take them. 10 weeks seems soon to be off completely. I think because some meds are addictive and that is why they switch them around.

Comment

Working...
      X