Remember Me?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Me?????

Hi Everyone. Excuse any typos or such things because it is almost time for meds. Thanks everyone for their support. All the outpouring of your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I am in rehab, just got here today
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Yea Dawney you're back!! I was looking for a post from you or Eric just this afternoon! I so hope all is going well for you, I can't wait to hear how you are doing. You know you have a huge group rooting for a smooth recovery. Welcome to the club and best wishes, Suzy (7 mos. post-op today.)

Comment

Hi Dawn,

It's just great to hear from you. I was wondering why Eric hadn't posted for a while. I'm glad that you're doing well enough to get on here!!!

All my best, and from one fighter to another, you have a great guy in your corner!!! Keep us informed of your recovery. We all know it's not easy, and we are all here for you!!!

Shari

Comment

you made it! :-)

hi dawn, its great to hear you are doing really well.
        Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

Welcome back Dawney

So glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and doing rehab. Welcome to the other side! Can't wait to hear your story when you are up to writing us.

Deb
          age 47
          posterior surgery 7/24/06
          for T70,L76
          30 degree correction
          "DON'T WAIT"

Comment

Welcome back Dawn!

I've been following you and I was happy to get the updates from your man, he seems like a good one! Good luck to you and I hope your recovery goes beautifully.

All the best,
            Dori

Comment

Yay Dawn! Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work on your recovery and we look forward to hearing about your progress!
              Best,
              Anya
              "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
              Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
              19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Heyy Dawny ... Welcome back! We have all been watching your progress and sending all our positive thoughts to you... Please keep us posted on your recovery.... We've missed u!
                Love ya... JoAnn

Comment

Hi Dawney, how are you feeling?? Welcome back! Fills us in on all the gory details when you're up to it!
                  Chris
                  A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                  Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                  Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                  Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Welcome Back!

Best of wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!!! Glad to see you are back. By the way, Eric seems so wonderful!!!
                    Angela
                    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

I think today was the day that I made it over the hump so to say. Right know my biggest obstacle is my brace it is rubbing terribly and giving me the biggest problem during therapy. It has been tough and it is not an easy surgery. On the up side I did lose 30 lbs
                      I am not really ready to post all the details but Eric was really taken aback by the tightness and support found in this very special group that I am a part of.
                      surgery 9/06
                      Rothman institute

Comment

Dawney--just checked in & read your post...so happy you are at rehab! I felt like I could finally relax & take a deep breath when I came to the rehab in NJ....Then again The NYCity hospital was just plain crazy & zany! Ly
                        7 weeks post-op

Comment

Hi Dawney,

So glad to hear from you!!! We were all thinking of you all this time and it is such a relief to know that you are doing better. You made it and I am really happy for you.

Best wishes,

Mariya
                          30 yrs, mom to two girls ages 9 and 7
                          8/9/04 - 18* thoracic and 42* lumbar
                          3/7/06 - 22* thoracic and 45* lumbar (38*kyphosis)
                          4/8/08 - 38* thoracic and 50-52* lumbar (54* kyphosis)

2007 - Scheduled surgery but cancelled due to no major health issues at the time.
                          2011 - Back pain, spasms, sciatica, difficulty doing any physical work/activities w/o following back pain and spasms. Revisiting surgery decision and soon to schedule a doctors appointment to determine the progression since 2008.

Comment

Hi Dawn,

My brace drove me crazy too. It dug into my thighs and my armpits when I sat. And it squashed my boobs. I had my husband trim it several times. I was very happy the day I finally took it off for good!!!

Shari

Comment

Dawn....Welcome back, girl! You have been in my thoughts and I am glad to hear from you. Take it easy, hope to hear from you again soon.
                              Brandi
                              Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                              Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                              L1-S1
                              Dr. William Lauerman
                              Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                              Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                              http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X