TLSO brace.
    35T 54L rotation
    3rd TLSO brace
    shoe lift
    trunk shift,pelvic shift
    waiting for surgery!

Comment

?wisconsin spincor patients

Our 5yr old daughter was recently diagnosed with a 39 thoracic and 33 lumbar and we are considering spinecor but we have not been able to locate someone in the state of wisconsin who does this....any ideas? Also, we would love to have results of children in this age group who are using spinecor. What is up with the potty issues of the brace as Emma is a kindergartener.

Comment

i have a boston brace
        LIBBY

14 yrs old
        28 t
        29 L before brace
        right now: 21 L
        now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

Comment

im stuck with a wierd spanish/german brace: the Rigo Cheaneu...anybody heard of it? or have it?
          Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
          -Virgel

Comment

I understand the Cheneau brace that is widely used in Europe yeilds amazing results. I have heard the correction is excellent. What kind of correction do you achieve with yours?
            Last edited by cherylplinder; 09-27-2006, 11:24 AM.
            God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

I have had a providence brace right now i have a boston brace and I'm getting another boston brace this Thursday the 12th (yay me!!)
              Mák Veronika
              14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
              40T
              54L
              +rotation
              Boston Brace since December 2005
              Location in Florida

I play flute.
              I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

My Brace

I wear a charelston brace!Its not that bad.Just a hint(get a colored brace)
                it makes the plastic softer.My twin sister and I both have the same curve and we both wear the same brace.Hers is just the natural color and she is having a harder time sleeping in it than me!LOL so get a colored one if u get the charelston brace!

Comment

I wear a boston brace!
                  Wear Boston Brace, 18-23 hours a day. My curve is 38 without brace on top and 28 without brace on bottom. With my brace it is 28 on top and 13 on the bottom. I PRAY no surgary. I love volleyball and track. I hate not being able to find clothes to fit my brace!

Comment

mee

i wore a boston brace for two years , and two different braces because i grew out the fast . if this is the kind of brace that you are getting i recoment just getting a white one .... the first brace that i has was pink, purple, and blue and i found it really easy to see the color through my cloths . i also had problems finding cloths that fit but you get used to it.

hope for the best,
                    Samantha

Comment

I wear a boston Brace...

Comment

I wear a Boston Brace.
                        Tori
                        Boston Brace
                        22 degree curve without brace 14 with brace
                        Homeschooled, in 7th grade
                        Feel free to email me jaketori@netzero.com

Comment

the future in a brace

I have been sitting here reading from all of your posts.I am wondering my 12yr old just got her tlso brace 3 days ago.She has to wear it 23hrs a day.She is very depressed (mostly about the way she looks) I often read about 3rd and 4th braces.How often are you changed? We go for xrays every three months.Also this spinecor brace My Dr. never even mentioned it....I wonder why?If its more comfortable I WANT IT FOR HER Do you have to have a certain curve?I have never heard of it til this site
                          Mother of Nichole 12yrs old and Madison 4yrs old

Comment

mylittleangel.

hello!

im on my second, what happens that is about after a year or so your daughter would grow out of it which means it wont work as well so she would need a second, third, fourth, etc.
                            i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

My doctor never even told me that there were different types of braces!!! stupidhead [sorry, i act like an 8 year old!]

my name is molly
                              i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
                              i got my back brace at age 13
                              i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
                              my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
                              i've had scoliosis since i was 7
                              my legs used to be uneven
                              but now they look much more balanced!
                              and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
                              Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

Working...
                              X